[Release] Shred's Visual Mod

I will sit here patiently waiting for Shred V2 :wink: out of all the visuals i’ve used, your’s is my favorite. some hit too hard performance-wise or make them too cartoony. your’s is just super clean.

Shift + F2 isn’t doing anything for me for some reason…
debug.log (3.3 KB)
dxgi.log (3.1 KB)

What in-game brightness setting do you use? I’m trying to get my game to look like your screeenshots but I can’t figure out if I should set in-game brightness to 50% or perhaps lower?

Hello mate,
I am just wondering if there is anyway I can alter the brightness of the lights in the visualsettings.dat?

Finnaly the forums recommend something good lol.
How do people make this?!
It looks just like Real Life

Does anyone know why my cop lights look amazing at night but not at day. I want them to be the same at day and night. If anyone knows how I could alter it to be like this or if its my settings on GTA please let me know

Hey everyone, sorry for my long absence, but I come with some great news!

I’ve just updated the mod to version 3.1 bringing all new features such as:

• Improved Textures to a variety of objects such as signs, roads, props, plants etc
  • Increased Emergency Lighting brightness during the daytime
  • Improvements to the Clear Timecycle
  • Epic Lightning effects during Thunderstorms
  • A brand new ReShade preset for cinematic feel (great for screenshots)

The link has been updated in the original post.

I know I’m extremely late replying to you but I use 50% brightness ingame!

It’s possible with OpenIV but you’ll also need to re-encrypt the archive once you’re done. My latest update has increased the brightness of Emergency Lighting if that’s the lighting you were talking about.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I really appreciate the positive feedback!

Hopefully I’ve somewhat fixed the issue in the latest update.

I made changes to the clear timecycle which hopefully will alleviate some of the brightness problems during the day. One of the major issues is that there are only 2 values in visualsettings.dat for day and night police lighting, but there are timecycles for each and every weather type which completely alter the level of ambient and atmospheric light. This means that in some weather types the cop lights are insanely bright whilst in others they can be quite dim. My goal is to try and find a balance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How to make police lights brighter during daytime?

I found that if you only want to do generic. Up the Visual.dat lines for emmisive bits on Default day and night on.

If you are a bit more techy you can go into all the timecycles and boost the postfx.bloom.intensity and that will make the emergency lighting have larger bloom and actually visible during the middle of the day especially when most visual mods, say in Extra sunny cycle, the light bars are dead and there is no other alteration but that one line

The Button to edit the visuals in game doesnt work can you tell me what it would be? I thought it was the Home button but its not working and I have everything installed properly. @shredxt

the rpf file crashes my game… Any solutions?

Awesome mod i love it! Do you still have to delete “d3d10.dll” if you only play fiveM?

Mod has been updated to v3.3, crashes should be fixed.
Adjusted a few files and textures

d3d10.dll is the file you renamed for ReShade to work in FiveM, deleting it would mean no ReShade. You only delete it if you are intending to play official GTA Online

I put both folders in that path but doesn’t work… which will be the mistake?? any video??

I mean it isn’t rocket science, the README says exactly what to do for the main files:

There’s also a detailed README for ReShade.