[Release] Showme ID - Display Entity Info

I’d made this a few months back for displaying entity stats.
It’s useful when you’re making scripts and need to find model hashes or positions.

Commands

Target entity: /showme entity_id
Clear selection: /showme

Player stats are displayed bellow the map and the targeted entity stats at the top.

Because of recent hardware issues, I’m leaving this to the community.
Feel free to send a pull request or fork the repo.
Some ideas for contributions: show entity boxes, copy to clipboard…

I’ll hopefully get some better picture(s) up another time unless someone else does.

6 Likes

hello, first of all thank you for such great script. i am a developper and this could help alot. Maybe add next feature not only hashes, bu also the name of vehicle /object/prop. that would be great !

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s possible without a giant lookup table with all the names in it. :cry:

1 Like

Thank you for releasing this, incredibly helpful tool.

2 Likes

Thanks helped me find a door I was looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure how it works…someone can explain please? I see numbers, I think that are hashes? And I see green and red faces…?

1. The number, how can I find for example a door for doorscript?
  2. Wat does the green and the red animalhead says?
  3. /showme entity_id what is the “entity_id” my ID, the ID i see (number)?
1 Like

1 .Entities have an integer visible over them - this is the entity id used in showme /id…
2. The red wolf is shown over aim targets, whereas the green is the nearest entity.
3. Did you even try ?

this will come in handy with ymaps that need items removed and you can’t convert it back to xml for map editor finding the entity number in the ymap.xml will be much easier now. thanks for the script

Is there a way to change the entity nr 443394 to the Prop name for ex doors? trying to find out what name it has
Screenshot
would appreciate it a lot due to ive look high and low for it.

Unless you’re editing the models I don’t see a reason to know the name. The model id is equivalent and can be used instead.

i needed the name of the object which i found for a script that only works with the object name. found in OpenIV

i am sorry to ask this but how does this showme thing work exactly i can see numbers on stuff but i need the names i need the name for a door you program is showing it as

can you help please

Could anyone tell me where to put this file ie rescources, esx etc

Use this to find the Hash for the item you are looking for then use this HashTool to convert Hash to Model Name

Q1: i cant see the top menu its going off screen.
Q2: WHICH NUMBER IS THE HASH THERS IS TOO MANY.