[Release] Server Notifications [1.4]

Server Notifications By FAXES

About
This resource is a simple chat message that will output a message (on command). The messages are simple look in the pictures section below for some screen shots. This script now uses Ace permissions since 1.1, and since 1.2 has a GameType notification in the server list (in pictures below), as well as a anti join feature.
(check the change logs)

This script has been requested to me 2 times via PM. So I made it as they wanted it.

Usage / Common Commands

/svrlist [Displays list of all commands]
/svr 5 [States 5 minutes till restart]
/svr 10 [States 10 minutes till restart]
/svr now [Displays in chat that server is restarting, also places the GameType on and the anti join (Game type and anti join from 1.2 and up]

In the Download

__resource.lua
client.lua
server.lua

Requirements
None this is a standalone script as with all my resources.

Pictures
Capture244
The above is 2 messages
Capture
Changes Game Type, added in 1.2.

Downloads:
Both are on latest update

Change-log(s)
Click a version below to go to the update post.

Installation

1. Place in your resources folder, just like any other resource.

2. Go to the Wiki and follow instructions for Ace permission set up

If you have any issues, comments or suggestions please put them below. :mascot:

22 Likes

It works perfect :slight_smile:
Would be great if somehow it worked with cron in esx so it will send this automatic

2 Likes

Is it permission-based?
it looks too similar to HSG, but nice anyway

4 Likes

That just wouldn’t work unless you had some timer that does it all automatically.

true it would be so much better so you dont need to write.

It’s possible, for my server, it is restarted at midnight automatically. What I could do is set up a timer, so 30 mins before midnight, 11:30pm, a message will display in chat saying “Restart in 30 minutes” then just to count down, but it’s just not needed as our community knows and understand that the server restarts every midnight.

3 Likes

I don’t work or code with any sorts of frameworks. Although this is probably possible, I’m not going to do it. Feel free to modify it to your liking.

Not yet. I might add in the future along with my AOP script.

The message format is based off of my AOP script which is somewhat based off of HSG.

I may add a timer in the future, depending of how it would work.

2 Likes

Suggestion: allow the script to restart via a command? So… /svr 5 will restart the server in 5 minutes, 30 seconds before the server restarts, the /svr now will print, restarting now then the script will just restart? It’ll probably have to be done with a .bat and to edit the file location, not many people like .bat’s kek

2 Likes

Yeah, I probs won’t make it a restart script itself. I will probs make a timer though.

2 Likes

You could use my priority cooldown script as a base, for the timer that is.

1 Like

Is it going to restart the server as well or it just gives the notification?

2 Likes

is there a way of when the server is restarting and they want to join it says server is restarting please wait

2 Likes

This is a simple chat message. And I don’t plan to make it restart the server.

2 Likes

Ok cool mate,thanks its a nice script btw :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a nice release but instead of having it /svr 5 or 10 you should just make it /svr number

1 Like

Update 1.1

Change-log:

• Added Permission system using Aces (See original post for Wiki link and instructions on how to set up the Ace Permissions)
  • Changed event names
  • Updated terms of use
2 Likes

Update 1.2

Change-log

• Added new function that displays that the server is restarting on the server list when /svr now is ran.(picture below)

• I also added a kick function that kicks a player on join if they connect after /svr now is ran. The system it uses is probably not the best but it works for now, I’ll keep working on the kick function in the mean time. But it works.

Capture

Download is in the original post as usual.

Pictures and information updated in the original post

3 Likes

nice. like it, so does the kick thing work or…?

1 Like

Read the above, it’s said twice.

3 Likes

oh ok thanks (20 characters?)

1 Like