[Release] Server Password - Make Your Server Secure and Scum Free [1.1]

I’m not sure that this is a good idea. You’re basically relying on your server being able to shut down cleanly on the client, which many servers definitely aren’t. In addition, it’s really recommended host names will indicate that a server is passworded, since there’s no other real way to tell (do you expect users to scan through the resource list to find this?).

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this… It’s using the DropPlayer() native, unless your taking about something else.

Also If I could change servers names adding locked at the end I would, but mine is :smiley:

Few randoms discovered tonight that you can just press ESC to bypass the password. :frowning:

Confirmed it myself…

I know about this. My internet is down so can’t upload a new version…

Should I have the start Password on the top of my resources. Because it didn’t work for me

it doesnt matter where it is saved. You just need it in the server.cfg and make sure to restart the server to allow it to start. If not then press F8 and see if you have an error.

1 Like

Also incase you weren’t aware another way to bypass it is by right-clicking your mouse.

1 Like

You need disable ESC button my friend.

@FAXES

1 Like

Nice script, but the ESC Button kills it. Any Updates ?

just disable the (ESC) control in the script.

Being updated today hopefully! Sorry for extended delay in this.

how ?

@FAXES Disable ESC button

Being worked on

Any updates on this? It kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a password if people can just press escape and play anyway.

Seems Faxes is busy or maybe unsure how to solve it, anyway PR’ed it: https://github.com/FAXES/ServerPassword/pull/3

edit: closed the PR because apparently faxes doesn’t care at all about his resources. It’s sad because this resource is useless without that fix.

3 Likes

Great script. Though I did notice last night that I had one person bypass it by merely hitting the ‘B’ button on their controller. We tested it out and come to find out, if you hit B or X on a controller it just lets you in.

works with me

I’m not sure if you have this or not, a good feature you could add is a bypass for curtain hex id’s so they don’t have to type the password in.

Yea I had the same issue, he is aware of the issue but I don’t think he has updated it.