[Release] Server Password - Make Your Server Secure and Scum Free [1.1]

Should’ve been quicker then. :man_shrugging:

How tf did he know you made it if it ain’t public stop being so damn salty.

4 Likes

He said he pulled it from one of his old scripts. I’ll add your credits

1 Like

If you made it credits to you, I just found it on one of my old scripts.

2 Likes

I’ll update credits then today when I merge the PR’s.

Update 1.1

This update thanks to @glitchdetector

• Temp-ban system when a player is kicked for invalid password attempts (configurable time)
  • Time remaining shown in “ban” message when player tries to reconnect
  • Added multiple password entry attempts
  • Bypass ACE permission system
  • Fixed fetching the ped every time we want to manipulate it to prevent invalid ped id being used

Downloads in OP

1 Like

So when it asks for a password I just hit Escape and I was able to stay on the server without entering the password. Might wanna look into this.

This is so cool! you always seem to one up your self.

2 Likes

I’ll investigate this today. Thanks for the heads up.

@UltraSwift thanks bro :heart:

Just disable the control.

Or count the escape key as an invalid password attempt :thinking: that way people can back out of it but they will just be kicked.

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ll look into this right now

1 Like

A’re you shua? You bloody wanka

yeah mate

I’m not sure that this is a good idea. You’re basically relying on your server being able to shut down cleanly on the client, which many servers definitely aren’t. In addition, it’s really recommended host names will indicate that a server is passworded, since there’s no other real way to tell (do you expect users to scan through the resource list to find this?).

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this… It’s using the DropPlayer() native, unless your taking about something else.

Also If I could change servers names adding locked at the end I would, but mine is :smiley:

Few randoms discovered tonight that you can just press ESC to bypass the password. :frowning:

Confirmed it myself…

I know about this. My internet is down so can’t upload a new version…

Should I have the start Password on the top of my resources. Because it didn’t work for me

it doesnt matter where it is saved. You just need it in the server.cfg and make sure to restart the server to allow it to start. If not then press F8 and see if you have an error.

1 Like