[Release] PTTPoliceRadio

Another update pushed to master.

You can now have mic clicks in-game thanks to the Play Custom Sounds for Interactions script by @Scott.

Great feature for voice applications such as Discord that do not allow you to change your PTT sounds.

Simply install the InteractSound folder into your resources and sounds should work when you press and release the key. ALL credit goes to Scott for his script.

1 Like

Can someone figure out how to use this on mp_m_freemode_01 and have it not automatically put a vest on it that cant be removed. Its the online character skin, and as soon as you whitelist that skin, it puts a vest on it and you cant remove it until you take the skin out of the thing, and then cant do the animation. Thanks.

Hey @Deziel0495 I’m not sure if you’re aware, but when you unholster your weapon, there is an additional part of the unholster animation that looks really odd and is completely unnecessary. I managed to end the animation at the perfect time to make it look a lot more legit. :slight_smile:

Pretty much all I did was change the timer for unholstering to 600, then ended the animation, did the same for the un holster one, but it’s not completely necessary.

1 Like

@Jellyton Thanks! I’ll add this to the code. I’m still working on finding a better holstering animation, don’t like the one I have now…

Could you explain to me more in depth so i can do this, i just want it to unholster and not do the aiming the gun portion of the animation.

This was implemented already. Just re-download the file.

Yep, just go ahead and re-download the script.

When I press ALT nothing happens? Did I do something wrong?

Make sure you installed it correctly. You have to be a cop or sheriff for it to work. Make sure your pressing left alt or whatever key is mapped to INPUT_CHARACTER_WHEEL.

its weird because everything else in the script works except of it, does the police animations script clashing with it?

Any ideas because I am able to press z for gun holster and my pistol comes outta the holster but press left alt does nothing - no errors outputted either

does this also support taking out the taser and putting it back?

If you add the taser to the list it will animate pulling out the pistol and putting it away, same as any weapon added to the list. If the ped you are using has a taser on their person, it depends on how the ped components were created. For some peds, instead of removing the pistol from the holster, it will remove a hat or another extra. It just depends on how the modeler setup the peds when creating them.

i tried to add “s_m_m_ciasec_01” cause i use this skin for a supervisor skin, but it does the animation but doesnt remove from holster. Also the skin like resets.

As mentioned in my earlier post that this feature does not work with all peds. It all depends how ped components are set up for that specific ped.

sorry my bad didnt have a chance to fully read

I cant get it to work, before i can i use the radio should i change something or can i use the defaul

so i have INPUT_CHARACTER_WHEEL (M) for all 3 then it should work right?

@Deziel0495 I would like to change the key binds where do I do that and how?

Is there away to change it from ‘Z’ to a different button?