[Release] OpenCAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) [Demo Site]

be great if the demo cad worked :frowning:

I would join there discord for help. I would give you the site but its been down since February.

Well idk then lol. @termanator1128 @gam3vidz

Hello,

To address your issue that you’re experiencing. I have accessed the logs and went through discord chatIncident

Both photos show that you violated the rules and Matt attempted to assist you in such matters. Then you proceed to comment on this post complaining that the “OpenCAD Support Team” isn’t helping you when in fact we did is wrong on so many levels.

I take this as a form of slander and do not tolerate it in any way
shape or form.

Furthermore, repeat offenses such as this but not limited to specific incidences this will result in removal of OpenCAD Discord and services.

Sr. Moderator
OpenCAD Support Team

• Farmer
1 Like

A temporary public demo is available at http://mattswebsite.uk.to/demo the login details are already filled out and all you have to do is click login, should this demo not work please dm me on discord Matt44#8529

Hey! Does anyone know a free website host where is can install openCAD?

We do not support free hosts.

I’m using a free host for the time being and it’s working fine.

I never said it wouldn’t work. I said that we don’t support it meaning we will not help with any issues.

When you said you didn’t support it, I thought you meant it didn’t work. My bad lol.

Everything works fine once I installed it on my home server for testing but when I make a new call in the dispatch it wont let me send that call in and I dont know how to fix it,

Can someone please help me

Hello,

If you could log that bug in help.opencad.io and we can look into it please be sure to include your “oc-config.php” along with your database structure

Thanks,

Justin Farmer
OpenCAD Test Engineer

Is it possible to make it so cops can check peoples plates and names? seems to be the only thing missing, i know dispatchers can do it but in real life cops can check there names and stuff on there computers to see if they got warrants and what not.

1 Like

If you look and read in the config there is a setting in there to enable it.

1 Like

Does anyone know what file I have to edit to add more incident types in the Dispatch section? I noticed it is missing some major ones any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry didn’t see that this was already answered, disregard.

What call types are missing? I will get them added.
Thanks,
Matt Myers, OpenCAD Support

We added EMS/Fire calls such as structure fire vehicle fire etc. Also we added LEO calls such as pursuit and area check.

Thank you for modifying the CAD and breaking the license.

In the next update we have made call types a custom input.

You do realize that I saw how to do this by previous posts of people saying they did exactly what I did. Odd that you wait until right now to address it. Also in the first post of this thread it says “We are based on OpenSource we don’t like to hide what we do and believe everyone should have access and complete control over the product such as self-hosting unlike other such as DCRS or Modern cad.” So you want us to have complete control of the CAD but not add simple calls that should not have been overlooked in the first place?

Hello, Prophet

This isn’t an issue you modified it for your clan use hince ‘Open-source’ I do apologize for the misunderstanding but when you modify files its hard for us to provide said support. ( I will speak to the team and have this misunderstanding cleared up ASAP)
We would be wasting our resources on fixing a custom cad and well… Everyone would want them customized etc. We are gradually getting to a point where it can but we got some sick updates coming soon :slight_smile:

P.S I would like to note that adding simple calls or custom calls was looking to be implemented but we had to redo the backend coding to make it more stable as a whole because the database is like Ex; You wouldn’t build a bridge without letting the concrete dry for at least 14 days its only at half its strength.

Better yet 3 Database SQL walked into a NOSQL bar.

A little while later… they walked out
Becuase the couldn’t find a table

Thank you,
Justin Farmer
OpenCAD Test Engineer

2 Likes