[Release] OpenCAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) [Demo] [Open Source] [GNU GPL v3]

The OpenCAD development team at Stormlight Tech is pleased to offer this release of OpenCAD. OpenCAD is open source and built with roleplay communities in mind.

About the Project
This iteration of the project started in late August of 2017. Phill Fernandes (phillf) had stumbled across Shane Gill’s (ossified) original repository which was abandoned. After poking around and getting the software working in it’s state at the time Justin Farmer(gam3vidz) came along with Phill they both agree it should be free and make it great for everyone to use. People started to trickle in and the first couple of individuals to get involved were Justin Harper (ItsAGeekThing), and Brennen Stapleton (termanator1128). We have been working hard ever since to continue on Shane’s work and some core team members have left but this project is here to stay.

OpenCAD is a web application built using technologies such as MySQL, PHP, and Javascript thus it requires a web server environment to run. OpenCAD is NOT compatible with Bubble apps.

Download
You can download our latest release here or you can view the development code on GitHub site.

Useful Links

Demo
View Demo

Default User Credentials

Demo Administrator:
Demo Civilian:

Please do not attempt to disrupt or tamper with the OpenCAD DEMO site
Any attempt to do so MAY (and WILL) result in a ban

Screenshots

The full album can found on imgur.com.

Support
Need Help? View our wiki which has all the documentation you need.

Still Having Trouble? Join the community Discord and post your issue in #general-help.

Disclaimer
This project is in it’s ALPHA stage of development. Features will be missing or incomplete.

Disclosure of Fork
This version of OpenCAD is based on the original source from Shane Gill.

18 Likes

isn’t there already a release for open cad?

1 Like

they removed the old one.

2 Likes

I will give it a Try

We have/are going to remove the old one and use this post. This one has more accurate information aswell as a better layout.

1 Like

We redid the post to make it more fancy

1 Like

@OpenCAD So for your dashboard I noticed it was very plain and I was wondering if I could help you guys. I created this and have been working awhile on it I was wondering if you guys would like to implement this for your open cad for the dashboard.php? I currently have it working for my version of the open cad with the dashboard.php changed. I can send you guys the complete modification so you can see what I did and make your own modifications where need be… Just let me know if you are interested?

9 Likes

Hey there,
Bobblemend15

I certainly do like it a lot if you want you could always make a pull request on our Bitbucket (repo.opencad.io) or even a ticket and we can get back to you super quick

Thanks,
Justin Farmer
OpenCAD
Project Supervisor

@gam3vidz I just sent Phill Fernandes the version I have for what he wants with it to help you guys out. He sent a private message requesting the files for it.

1 Like

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you guys know the “OpenCAD_MattM” is no longer an official team member of OpenCAD nor does that account related to OpenCAD.

Thanks y’all

I still don’t understand how to make it, meaning open it and testing it if someone can help me that would be wonderful!

Hey, what are you installing on, @RebelRakane ?

Hey guys just as a heads up, @OpenCAD is going to use the dashboard I gave them. Be patient and they will be releasing this soon. I ask you guys to please stop private messaging me on here asking me for it because I am not giving it to you. You will have to wait like everyone else for the latest update from OpenCad. Thank you.

2 Likes

Is there a link to the demo?

Does anyone know where the registered users are stored, so people don’t have to re register when the cad gets updated?

They’re stored in the users table of the database, software updates don’t affect the database so you’re safe to upgrade (just don’t re-initialize the DB)

does someone wanna help me set this up?

yeah, what you installing on?

on a website using cpanel

https://guides.opencad.io/alldoc/installation-guides/specialized-installation-guides/install-guide-cpanel

I got you fam, i’ll actually help people who need help. :wink: