[Release][Node.js]IceHax's CAD/MDT SYSTEM [DEPRECATED] [DISCONTINUED]

THIS IS DEPRECATED, IT WORKS STILL, BUT NO MORE UPDATES ARE GONNA BE RELEASED. THERE ISN’T A KNOWN DATE FOR ANY FUTURE DEVELOPMENT.

Hello there! Once upon a time, i was in a community(well i’m still in it, but hold on), we were using a custom CAD/MDT i made, and it was pretty nice. We then decided to switch to a professional C.A.D. and i quit the dev of my custom one.

I decided tho, 1 month later to start rewriting it competely and make it opensource, 'cause i’m sure lots of you need a good C.A.D. system.

FEATURES:

Dispatch can see all the online cops + status
Police can search up Civilians and get their registered vehicle and all the infos about the civ.
Police can add police records to users, they will be displayed when you search for them.
AND LOTS OF OTHER THINGS!

KNOWN BUGS:

all the ids of the cops will be 95. (is being fixed, will be definitely fixed on version 0.0.2)

UPCOMING FEATURES:

Calls system(phone, handovers, police detailed record on a case…)
More configurations!

Screenshots:

NOTE, THIS CAD IS FULLY BRANDED WITH MY SERVER’S LOGO AND STYLE, IF YOU WISH TO MODIFY IT TO MATCH YOUR STYLE, YOU CAN DO THAT BY CHANGING THE HTML AND CSS.

Download
GitHub Page
screenshots!

screens

https://imgur.com/a/6zrj7

tutorial video!

Video here
ALL THE INFOS ARE IN THE README OF THE GITHUB, HELP REQUESTS HERE, GITHUB WILL ONLY BE USED FOR BUGS AND ISSUES.
I ALSO HAVE A SUPPORT DISCORD: https://discord.gg/AtZYpkY

10 Likes

Can we get some photos and screenshots?

3 Likes

@UltraSwift take a look at the github page, in the meantime i’m also gonna add some here

4 Likes

Here you are! i’ve added some screenshots :grinning:

4 Likes

So, time for some criticism/comments about your code.

and after that, you have to go in both, app/user/init.js and app/authentication/init.js and edit the var that says:

Why? Why make the user go through all this trouble to change one thing? You have a “config”, use it… It will give them one place to change and, decreases the chances that they screw up (e.g. forgetting to change the value in one of the files).

const saltRounds = 10
const myPlaintextPassword = ‘my-password’
const salt = bcrypt.genSaltSync(saltRounds)
const passwordHash = bcrypt.hashSync(myPlaintextPassword, salt)

Again, why hard-code these? You have the config made, just require it and use it.

config.redisStore = {
url: process.env.REDIS_STORE_URI,
secret: “process.env.REDIS_STORE_SECRET”
}

You’re using redis as well? Might want to tell us about that (AFAIK, it’s a separate service to MongoDB).

url: "mongodb://icehax:tommaso.celano01@ds159344.mlab.com:59344/flecad",

Might want to change that… I don’t want my data stored on your server (even if it is just sessions)… I’d rather store it on mine and know you’re not snooping.

username: req.body.username

Can’t remember if the MogoDB library serializes data so it can’t mess with the DB but, you’d better double check before just blindly accepting user input.

Note: I’ve only had a quick look, so I might not have found everything that is wrong with this release but, this is what I picked up on at a quick glance.

uh oh, i just realized what happened xD i had two folders, one was the one i uploaded, the second was the actual one i had to upload. i’ll double check everything and replace everything with that one. again, sorry, my bad. @Havoc

3 Likes

and, no. MongoDB is the only one that’s being used, my first plan was to do it with Redis, but then i changed my mind. everything’s gonna be fixed within minutes.

4 Likes

as of now, everything has been fixed! thanks a lot sir for taking some time to write some good criticism! I do really appreciate it a lot. i’ve adapted my code accordingly with your points and all the issues have been fixed :grinning:

3 Likes

so how do we use this then …
how do we get this started

everything is explained in depth in the README file on the Github Page
@IOEGaming

3 Likes

Is the “mysecret” meant to be changed to the API key?

1 Like

ok thankyou does it matter witch website i go to as i see 3 differnt ones or do i need all three sorry for asking but its the first time i have done this i am new to all of this as i just started my server sorry again

1 Like

don’t worry, i’m gonna explain it to you :wink: , btw if you have any suggestions on how to make the readme easier to understand, go ahead, i’d appreciate it a lot.

Ok, so:

The first link is the one that links to the node.js website. you do have to click on that and, you have to download node.js by clicking on one of the two giant green buttons on the website. when you download it, it’s pretty intuitive, just install it as you’d do for a normal program.

The second and third link, are for mongodb, the database that the cad uses to store informations, since you are new, i’d suggest you click on the “Free Hosting” one, since it’s simple and intuitive to setup and in one or two steps you’ll have every info you need and your database setup completely.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

No, mysecret is just the secret of the session(a type of auth), just change it to a random word you want, or leave it as it is.

3 Likes

kk Got it, trying not to ask for help but I am getting this when I set it up.

where did you try to host it? it seems to me like you’re not using node.js but a normal web hosting service @Scott_UK

3 Likes

I am but I have node.js enabled:

ok, is it possible to have a more detailed error log? because the screenshot doesnt say anything too specific

3 Likes

also, for me it’s working fine on windows 10, same thing on ubuntu server 16.04, so the only things that could be wrong are:

1- bad config/mongodb setup
2- dependencies not installed correctly

2 Likes

i just have no bloody clue what i am doing haha