[Release] New Player Spawn Tutorial UI (Add a beautiful tutorial for your server!) [v1.2]

edit the code in this to say what? I’m not exactly a lua coder here.

This helped me out a lot, thank you :slight_smile:

Quick question: Do people spawn during this tutorial screen is showing or do they not spawn until the tutorial has been ran through?

After the tutorial I have a character creation mod where people can make their name and stuff and create their character but after the tutorial it gets rid of the mouse so people can’t customize their character. Is there some way that I can make it so the mouse doesn’t disappear so that people can still make their characters.

I have the same issue…

OP can you help with some code or solution to this problem?

basically on RP servers with REGISTER the mouse simply locks in a corner of the screen and doesnt allow you to register your character until you relog.

thanks

My esx_identity mouse blocked… Can you help me Rox10?

I can’t even get the spawn button to do anything at the end of the tutorial so I can’t test any potential resolutions but just looking through the code, you might want to try:

Line 60 of click lua, try making it true:

SetNuiFocus( true )

Save a backup, and try it. That might allow the mouse to remain so you can go through the identity first run.

Can I make it where they don’t start at the airport? I have the job center as the start, and it doens’t help having to go across the map

@Rox10 Is there a way for the players.txt to also log ip address and steam id similar to ES_Admin?

In case you didn’t figure it out, in client.lua line 4 literally tells you what line 5 is for. Just change it to the coords you want.

-- Here is where you set where you want to player to spawn after they complete the tutorial
SetEntityCoords(GetPlayerPed(-1), tonumber("-1556.64"), tonumber("-3234.5"), tonumber("26.34"), 1, 0, 0, 1)```

How and where could i got to make it to where it shows up everytime you join the server?

Amazing Resource. Thank you so much.

I have just implemented it on OsirisRP.

I seem to be missing something though. I have added 6 slides (following the naming conventions slide1.png…slide6.png) but the 6th slide fails to display and I get the spawn button on the 5th slide.

Do I need to edit the amount of slides somewhere? I have looked in the config files etc… but can not find a setting.

In the server.lua on line 27 it says:

firstSpawn = false

Change this to:

firstSpawn = true

And it should show every time.

Ok, I found where you add the images in ui.html.

If I add an extra slide or rename the slides they do not work resulting in:

https://i.imgur.com/d9FC6C4.jpg

Only the default 5 slides (slide1.png…slide5.png) seem to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[EDIT]
Ok, I’m an idiot. resource.lua now edited.

After first time visiting have completed the tutorial I have it set that they spawn in legion square.

If someone reruns the tutorial (using the command /tutorial) they will also respawn in legion square on completion of the tutorial. I think this could get abused e.g if someone crashes in the middle of nowhere.

Can anyone help me out with some code where the spawn teleport ONLY takes place if you are a first time visitor.

Or just remove the /tutorial command once they are registered. You could make a seperate menu if only for basic information.

Have you found a fix of the spawn button

Can i use this for my esx server?

No, I never figured it out and like most resource topics, no assistance was given so I uninstalled.

Oh if you scroll up it says a answer you just have to name the resource tutorial or it dosent work