[Release] /me but the text is 3D printed

Awesome, will update, and I had seen that however am I able to take the log.text from /3dme and post it to discord as it is logged as a log file and not done in typical chat?

so I haven’t gotten to post for awhile due to work, but I tried running this along side other /me and I tried adding code for putting your /me in the chat box as well but nothing is working it only does 3d text not chat box at all. does anyone have any ideas cause I really like this script but if my players can’t go back and look at the /me in chat then I might have to remove it. please help

Really cool, will be putting it in a server and playing around with it, thanks :slight_smile:

Just add TriggerEvent('chatMessage', [things here]) around line 6 in the server.lua if it’s not showing up then you must have failed somewhere.

Great Script! good job :slight_smile:

Would you put background color around the text?

I don’t think there is a native for that but you could draw a 3D rectangle the same way I draw the text. I’ll not do this myself, I see no interest as you can actually outline the text, maybe I’m missing something.

Hi, great release I love it! <3
I tried to change “the person” at the beginning to “[First Name] [Last Name] :” using local text = string.sub(GetPlayerName(id), -1, 44) but it shows steam nick. Do You know how to change it into rp names? :smiley:

If you want to print the RP names, you will have to mess around with your framework and find which event returns the name, or to take it from your database.

I found somebody’s modified esx_rpchat which prints rp name’s using twitter command but idk how to move that function into 3dme, it’s too hard for newbie like me, but thank You :slight_smile:

Do you have a link to that resource ? I could try to help you.

I lost the link but still had it in my pc: esx_rpchat.zip (14.7 KB)

You can find database function at the top of the server/main.lua file:

function getIdentity(source)
	local identifier = GetPlayerIdentifiers(source)[1]
	local result = MySQL.Sync.fetchAll("SELECT * FROM users WHERE identifier = @identifier", {['@identifier'] = identifier})
	if result[1] ~= nil then
		local identity = result[1]

return {
			identifier = identity['identifier'],
			firstname = identity['firstname'],
			lastname = identity['lastname'],
			dateofbirth = identity['dateofbirth'],
			sex = identity['sex'],
			height = identity['height']

}
	else
		return nil
	end
end

That’s easy now, you just have to use this function !

Sorry, but I’m too supid :joy:
I’ve tried to use local text = string.sub(GetIdentity(firstname)), but I thing I’m doing it wrong :joy:

Try if this works, can’t test it as I don’t use ESX, I’ll not do much if it don’t work.
3dme.rar (1.7 KB)

3 Likes

Works perfect. BIG Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Adding a test between the distances of your players should be easy, I could do an update for that.

I’m currently trying to figure the same thing out as the other person who asked you about the distance. I’ve tried editing everything lol, but I can still see it from so far away just small text on my screen. How would I go about setting the distance if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m going to do an update today. :stuck_out_tongue:

Update

V1.2

• Bugs fixes.
  • Changed the native color and removed the shadow and the outline (you can still reactivate it).
  • Now draw when you are close to the person (50 m).
2 Likes