[Release] Manual Transmission (Client)

When does it crash and can you post logs?

Update: Turns out I was trying to use the wrong version. Everything is working fine now. Thanks.

Great.

Do note the speedo doesnā€™t work yet.

Thank you so much. There is a server I play but they disabled scripthook to avoid cheaters, is there anyway I can still use this in fivem servers with scripthook disabled? itā€™s such a shame :frowning:

2 Likes

after the gunrunning dlc update my whole game crashes when i get in a car with the mod turned on how can i fix this

1 Like

Yo i need some help becuase when i install the mod for fivem it wont let me shift and i cannot move

will this ever be a server side mod i just figured out how to make a server and its supposed to be based around this lol any eta?

Does this wheel work with the Logitech G920 Racing Wheel? Cant get the damm thing to work lmao :confused:

1 Like

Do you have a server running? iā€™d love so much to play on a server with manual gears

can you help me please. My steering wheel is THRUSTMASTER FERRARI RACING WHEEL idk how to do in game and if you say its working please help

Hey Polr. When I start my game it tells me that the wheel isnā€™t setup and is in red. when I press enter, it disappears and then I cant use my wheel

The best plugin for FiveM, spent a while searching, found this and installed it. Mapped some buttons and went for a drive. WOW. The FFB is realistic and everything just works so well for a plugin. Makes having my G920 so much more worth it.

Doesnā€™t work. Do I need to enable ScriptHook and how can I prevent cheaters?

Itā€™s only client based. Yes, it means you have to enable Scripthook. And MT from IKT works on FiveM only thx to previous 4.5.3 version. He told me to do it and it works flawlessly :slight_smile:

As for protection against cheaters, I would recommend to set up some sort of whitelist or admin protection, where you can track them and ban them. I think this could be some sort of compromise for now.

thanks for bumping this tread, i never came across this one. It works amazingly well and brings driving in gta to whole new level. THANKS!!!

Does anyone else have revving sound bug when using this script? Sometimes cars (of other players) are just revving all the way, like on neutral. Itā€™s bit ennoying. Iā€™ve been told on different forum it could be also server related issue, lag. I am running my server on my PC with Hamachi like connections through ZeroTier.

Could that cause the problem? I am planning to rent profi server one day, but before that I need to tweek everything. And I donā€™t wanna throw away 30 bucks just to test just to test, if there is any sound bug like thisā€¦ Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a client script (targeted for Offline/SP) and I donā€™t know if RPM, gear and all that jazz is updated over the network. If you could mention which version youā€™re using, or even better throw in a log file, I might be able to pinpoint the issue.

We were using version 4.5.3 so far. Iā€™ve been trying to find tutorial how to create log file, but maybe I am just tired or blind or both, but I canā€™t find anything newbie-friendly. Could you tell me how to create this log file, please?

Edit.: Same motor revving sound bug appeared on my new VPS server. But I believe there could be in theory some better synchronisation between players. The game calculates with carā€™s gears ingame, same for itā€™s native AT.

I would like to support you financially in this, if you think there is space for improvements. It would help me to make the game Iā€™ve always wanted :slight_smile: Semi realistic mix between NFS:U2 and Test Drive Unlimited!

Sorry for the late reply, the forums were broken when I originally wanted to post this.

Use 4.6.1. FiveM reports itself as 1103 while itā€™s updated to 1290 for a while now.

When you installed the plugin in FiveM/FiveM Application Data/plugins, you shouldā€™ve dragged Gears.asi and the ManualTransmission folder to that plugins folder. Inside the ManualTransmission folder, the generated Gears.log exists.

But just use 4.6.1 first.

Additionally, you can enable the NPC debug view and drive behind cars that make that sound. A video or screenshot would be nice.

• If nothing appears (but does appear for real NPCs) itā€™s a detection problem
  • If the values stay high/low (no throttle input detected, RPM stuck at 1.0, gears not shifting) itā€™s something else