[Release] Manual Transmission (Client)

Manual Transmission

This mod adds manual transmission support, with loads of customization options for the drivetrain and handling.

Fully supports steering wheels: It adds force feedback, works with about all driving hardware, and every imaginable setting is customizable to fit your wheel and driving style.

Developed for SP and just happens to work as FiveM client-side plugin.

There are no plans to make this server-side. Stop asking me.

Download

On GTA5-Mods.com

Requirements

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • FiveM (if used in combination with FiveM)

FiveM installation

1. Create a plugins folder in FiveM Application Data
  2. Put Gears.asi and the ManualTransmission folder in there.

Usage

Check the README.
Open the menu using the hotkey: [{. If you’re not using an US keyboard layout, change it to something more convenient in settings_menu.ini
The script only works in servers that allow client scripts!

Changelog

Source code

On Github

Bug reports

I don’t check here often. You can reach me in these places:

Please include the Gears.log file. If a steering wheel set-up is involved, also mention that (and what you did to set it up).

Note that this is written for SP and just happens to work for FiveM.

I will not respond to “Please make this a server resource” requests.

17 Likes

Looks fucking awesome dude! Nice one!

1 Like

Where is the application data folder? EDIT: I saw something about G920s, what is the issue with them as that is what I use

1 Like

My friend has a g29 and his woundn’t work for anything. But i have a tmx wheel and it works just fine. If you need help dm me and ill help the best i can.

A menu thingy!

@JohnyMcFace
In Story Mode, if you run ScriptHookV, ScriptHookVDotNet and this mod, things crash.

Remove ScriptHookVDotNet and things are fine tho. No idea why. Menyoo supposedly also gives this problem.

@Polr
G29 should work fine since 4.1+ as long as everything is configured properly…

1 Like

Yea my friend was having weird errors but its whatever. How do you get that menu? Like what key

:thinking:

Something something freshly copy-pasted from another project.

I havent tried story mode yet, I got the mod to work in FiveM except nothing is configured correct despite me going into Dutil or whatever and setting it up. The car just revs and if I put it into drive it does burnouts with the wheel locked to the left at like 25 degrees

1 Like

its a small bug, turn off the mod in game then turn it back on. Then it will be fixed.

So for me hit Y to disable mod? Cause like its as if nothing is bound yet it is. Thanks for quick response

1 Like

What ever the key is set to (mine is set to \ but it depends if you changed it. Also do not change the shift mode, just the mod itself)

Only problem is nothing is bound, net even that

Cause its bound to a button on wheel, how do I make it on keyboard?

It worked! Only thing is H-shifter doesn’t work and its in Real Auto (Like a real car, I have to go in N and R but otherwise Auto) But other than that it works perfectly! The hand in 1st person isn’t exact but 10/10 nonetheless

@JohnyMcFace
The readme contains a useful index that links to the controls section.

There’s also 3 gearboxes, when using a controller only the sequential and auto are available. For the rest, H-pattern shifter is also enabled.

Okay mod stopped working. The game itself wont load. Just made clean install. when i take your mod out it works.

Post logs or something. “Stopped working” isn’t a very descriptive description :confused:

Meanwhile, porting over 900-ish lines from a cmd prompt to a menu system! :smiley: :gun:

Okay nvm for what ever reason it doesnt work with the new fivem folder or something im not sure.

???

Works fine here.

I added the manual transmission folder and gears.asi in my plugins and it keeps giving me an error about something in my plugins folder. The mod works just fine in single player but not in FiveM. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

EDIT 1: Doesn’t crash my game but doesn’t load the mod either.