[Release] LiveMap

so i did as you said to. i changed the port on the live map that was having a conflict. then it started working but not the one that was fine it was working just fine i didnt change it but now its not. so i stopped the one that was good and restarted the one that was bad and it began working.

I got the following error when i entered the command, “blips generate”, into the rcon.

You have to be in-game to use the command. This is because the only way to get the blips from the game is to use the game’s natives. Thus, you need to be in game (the server can’t run this code).

At some point I will do some more checks on the server to make sure that you can’t run this command in RCon.

1 Like

so I would do /blips generate???

Yes. Also, make sure that you have added yourself to the admin group in the CFG file so you have access to the command.

Which config? Sorry for all of the questions…

1 Like

The server.cfg file that you use when running the server (generally with the +exec server.cfg) that contains your start <resource> commands.

Near the bottom you will see a line that starts with “add_principal”, this is where you would put your identifier. It would look something like:

add_principal identifier.YOUR_ID_HERE group.admin # add the admin to the group

E.g.

add_principal identifier.ip:127.0.0.1 group.admin

Blockquote
I’ve already thought about adding street names to the map, I’ve even created an issue for it (just don’t know how I want to add it, to the tiles themselves or just as another property attached to a player) :stuck_out_tongue:. As for the postal codes, to me it seems a bit cluttered and unnecessary.

Where can we find this on github?

how do i set up the interface? I have extracted images and the interface folder. now what?

It can be found in the issues for the interface. As of the latest version (2.2.11) the player’s Location (street name, area name and zone name) is sent to the interface just like their current position.

You have to have a web server running which, supports PHP. If you have these and you’ve placed the interface files in the correct location then you just go to the web site (after configuring the config.php file, and servers.php if you have multiple servers)

The website is blank. There is a home.html but if i delete that I get error 403

That’s because the files are inside the “live_map-interface-master” folder. Move them from there to your root directory (of the website) and it’ll work.

eeeyyyyyy thank you!

Please let me know when there are road names! or where to download them.

They have been implemented in the latest version of the resource. Just download it and click on a player, you should see Location: <Some location> as well as the other information.

Is there anyway to possibly implement just the map itself into another website (ex a CAD or Home Page)? I’ve been trying to figure out how to do it for the last couple hours…

easiest way is to use an iframe thats what i used, there are other ways but this is the simpelest.

<iframe src="path to live_map index.php" width="100%" height="650" class="myIframe"></iframe>

Note: i edited my live map interface to not have the side menu

Thanks, got it working - lovely!

Is there any way that i could add the map with the post codes manually myself or is it something not simple to do?

Do I need any new maps itself or just the interface?