[Release] LiveMap

For those still interested, a new update has been released for the interface (if you’ve kept up-to-date you should have the latest resource).

The main difference is the UI, it’s now dark and (I think) much nicer.

The config now has space to allow for multiple servers on the same interface. All you have to do is modify the “$servers” array in “config.php” to include your servers, if you want them.

Example configuration
    public static $servers = array(
        "Test server" => array( // The name of the server (make unique)
            "ip" => "127.0.0.1", // The IP (if on something different to the one in the config)
            "fivemPort" => "30120", // The fivem port
            "socketPort" => "30121", // Set to the port that you set in the "socket_port" convar (if different to the one in the config)
            "liveMapName" => "live_map" // Set to the resource's name (if different to the one in the config)
        ),
        "Server 2" => array(
            "ip" => "192.168.0.10" // This server is only on another IP.. No need to set the other values
        )
    );

Full changelog:

Changelog v2.2.6 -> v2.2.8

v2.2.8 (04-03-2018)

New

• Add dynamic blip controls. [Jordan Dalton]

Blip controls are now created and popped into the right div when the webapp is navigated to.

Still need to implement the actual behaviour.

• Add version to title. [Jordan Dalton]

The webapp now displays the current version next to it’s name. E.g. “Live Map v2.2.7”

• Add temporary favicon. [Jordan Dalton]

Added a temp favicon for the webpage.

• Add dynamic blip CSS. [Jordan Dalton]

Blip images for use in HTML is dynamically created in the generateBlipShit function in “markers.js”. Since there’s a load of blips, I felt dynamically creating them would be better than sitting down for two hours and manually putting them in. It doesn’t take into account the other marker types (yet).

Changes

• Update to latest development. [Jordan Dalton]

I can’t remember what I changed but, something has so…

• Update dropdown CSS. [Jordan Dalton]

Dropdowns now comply with the dark theme

• Update sidebar to be more mobile friendly. [Jordan Dalton]

Before the sidebar wasn’t very nice on smaller devices such as mobiles. This change should fix this. This also means that the map takes up the full webpage and users need to click the “Hide/Show Controls” button before they can see the controls.

• Update alerts. [Jordan Dalton]

Alerts can now be scrolled though

Fix

• Fixed map background. [Jordan Dalton]

Background for the map now changed with the map instead of staying the same colour.

• Fixed alert holder width. [Jordan Dalton]

The new alert holder would cut off alerts on smaller screens. Should be fixed now.

Other

• Removed servers.php. [Jordan Dalton]

The server array is now in the config.

v2.2.7 (13-12-2017)

New

• Add server selection. [Jordan Dalton]

Users can now select a server to view, if you have multiple servers to show.

I will update the readme to reflect these changes but, the easiest way to get this working is to add a empty array to the servers file with a name of your choice.

Changes

• Update changelog. [Jordan Dalton]

• Update to v2.2.7. [Jordan Dalton]

• Update readme. [Jordan Dalton]

• Update navbar. [Jordan Dalton]

Navbar now has stuff in it… Well, it will do when I add them.

• Update style. [Jordan Dalton]

Bootstrap 4 was released so, I thought I’d give it a try. With this, I’ve had to update the style of the interface.

The interface is now fully dark. This means the navigation elements (mainly the sidebar and navbar) is now dark.

Labels have changed… Well, bootstrap have renamed them to “badges” so, I’ve been forced to call them the same.

I’ve re-done the sidebar so, it no longer uses lists. It’s just plain 'ol links.

Alerts are now just a solid color instead of a gradient… Ew, who likes gradients anyways?

Fix

• Fixed socket label not using bootstrap 4. [Jordan Dalton]

Socket label was updated to “badge” as per the new bootstrap system.

Note: The blip controls don’t do anything at the minute. It will in the next update.

1 Like

@Havoc There is not a server.php file yet?

I did have a “servers.php” file but, I thought it would be easier for everyone if they only had to edit one file. So, I scrapped it and put the contents into “config.php”

Havoc, or… whoever.

Is there currently a way to set a temporary blip? Meaning one that has a timer for it to be deleted off the map?

Havoc, I got “Access denied for command blips” how do I set myself to admin?

Have you done the needed steps in the server.cfg?

Nvm I got it

(20 charac)

I can not get the blips command to work…

Still, access denied, ideas anyone?

did you do the zip codes yet?

They’re not included in the files fyi.

how do i get street names on the map

@Havoc will it ever be possible to send players a waypont by clicking the location on the map?

Not sure what Havoc’s thoughts are about this, but personally I don’t think this would be something good to have.

1. How are you going to prevent abuse/make it secure? You wouldn’t want anyone to just go on there and simply start messing with everyone’s waypoints.
  2. Similar to point 1, having something external modify your game, seems risky to me. How sure will you be that it’ll be 100% safe to use and won’t affect the users’s gameplay in a negative way?

well if he would make it optional? and if you now some php/html you can secure your map yourself…

1 Like

hmm, Anyone have any ideas on how this could go onto a bubbles.io CAD/MDT?

HTML iFrame, PHP include, copying the code, etc.

you could create a box and tell it in the workflow to always show a webpage. and have the link of your live map implemented into it.

That would work however in chrome etc. you need to allow insecure scripts to run otherwise you will get a blank iframe everytime

Is it possible to use WSS:// instead of WS:// for “ws://$this->fivemIP:$this->socketPort/”; ? this will solve the insecure issue with the browsers

The problem would then be an insecure resource on the server. I don’t need the interface to send data to FiveM. I can just make something that connects to it and spams it with a bunch of data. You have to think about the resource as the two parts, not as only the interface.

Not that I’m aware. I have tried this but, FiveM doesn’t build the mono security library that is used to implement cryptography with the websockets.