[Release] K9 Script [REMOVED]

I know the dog does that. It’s just a bug.

I have never had a crash using the k9 script. I will say thanks for the reports though.

I’ve never had a crash either I was just trying to offer advice for jose, that was the only part of the script that I’ve ever had an issue with.

1 Like

When I press G the dog doesn’t follow me can anyone help me?

Also id like to say we did have a tiny problem with k9 script i still would love to have it back in-game. But we had a problem with the dog entering our vehicles sometimes after taking the dogs out and “attmepting to put them back in” it would take atleast 6 trys "our development team said it may be a problem with possitionining within the action. we also found out that a player search feature may be made with alittle bit of time and recreation and seems like a good idea.

I was messing around with the search function and made it so a cop walks over and does the vehicle search instead of a dog. Then I just paired it with the actionmenu resource for easy button presses. We aren’t some big public server so sometimes we like to use random generated results for vehicle searches. You can edit the script so multiple categories show up in the search results method. For example ours now says something like “You have found …random illegal … located near …random location… during the search.” So it’s never the same thing twice.

Then actionmenu became a thing and from there it spiraled into a random generated warrant search system, Vin search, driver history search, arrest history search, and just really anything I can think of to spark a chase/send my friends to jail.

Very very good foundation if you need random generated content!

The searching is for complete roleplay. I plan to build that dog to search my gamemode’s inventory systems.

Glad it helped you create something that works for your community.

1 Like

is there a way to add more peds (specifically custom peds?)

UPDATE

If you go back to the top I have updated the post with the new information needed for the update.

I know there is no search function but I have some requests from some people on how to make it better so I will be doing that later today.

CHANGELOG:

• Added K9 Menu
  • Added K9 Animations
  • Added K9 blip for K9 Handler
  • Added Attack Function (Still a bit weird)
  • Added a ped and vehicle restriction toggle
  • Added god mode toggle to help boost the dog’s advantage.
  • Added German commands for the k9 notifications(I don’t know German but I tried to use google XD)

TO BE ADDED:

• I need to rework the search function so that will be readded soon.
  • I hopefully find a better way to handle K9 attack function to fix his terrible attack delay.
  • Maybe add in player animations as well? (I may not find any good ones so might not happen).
  • May add in an intimidation mode (Jumping and Barking).
  • Add in the ability to set your own K9 name.
2 Likes

I can not make it work

yes same here it will not work. In the __resource.lua u have a @warmenu/warmenu.lua so i installed that and still nothing…

I mean what exactly is not working? I can’t help if you just say "not working. I need to know how you are installing it plus I need to know how your WarMenu is installed.

well i just downloaded warmenu and drag and drop that and same goes for the k9 into the resources folder and typed the start k9 and warmenu in the server.cfg when im in game i type /k9 and nothing happends i am the ped that is suppost to be used.

The controls are [LeftAlt + Z] - K9 Menu, [G] - Follow | Stop , [Aim + G] - attack. That server file was just removed as it was their for testing purposes only.

ok well that explains it.

Try to use the controls and let me know. If that doesn’t work we can figure out whats wrong with it.

ok controls do not work

I need to see how you installed it. Like maybe screenshots? Any errors in the console?

k standby testing again

fxserver/resources/k9