[RELEASE] iZone V1.3

iZone has been reworked from the top of it, please do not use older version than 1.3.

Intro:
iZone is a zone managment system for FiveM.
It offers utlities to create, manage zone and detecting if a player is in a zone.
It also can trap a player in a zone! what a chance!

Dependency: mysql-async

What it looks like?
Admin Panel:

Zone Creation:

Ugly Prompt:

How to install it?

Download this repo:

• git clone https://github.com/izio38/iZone.git, or click the download button.
  • Execute zones.sql on your MySQL server.
    Be sure to name the directory izone and not iZone

How to use it?
Zone creation is explained in the in-game panel.
Know if a player is in a zone:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Wait(100)
        TriggerEvent("izone:isPlayerInZone", "zone1", function(isIn)
            print(isIn)
        end)
    end
end)

TriggerEvent("izone:isPlayerInZone", "zone1", cb(val)) -> val can be either false, true or nil. nil if the zone doesn’t exist.

Trap a player in a zone:
First initiate the trap (it teleport the player in the zone if the player isn’t in there already):

TriggerEvent("izone:initiateATrapZone", "zone1")

Then stuck him to the zone (call every tick or every 100 ms, your call):

TriggerEvent("izone:trapPlayerInZone", "zone1")

See examples in example.lua

NB: Feel free to comment here, open issue, open pull request or just like the topic!

22 Likes

can you do a working example where you retrieve the zone the player is currently at?

2 Likes

Or a screenshot to know what this script really do :slight_smile: please ?

Anyway, thanks for the share :slight_smile:

1 Like

The script retrieves the coordinates everytime you press L in-game, so its up to you to kind of walk around and draw a shape by pressing L at each point. These coords are then saved into a db like this:

then you have to sort it out and put in into your script:

So far its only just a tool to retrieve the coords, but it would be really cool if the real purpose was posted as an example aswell, which is to check with the server if a player is within this coords/shape and return a message/action. This tool has potential :slight_smile: Im thinking about checking the speed of a vehicle within coods and fine a ticket/tell the player that he is going too fast

1 Like

Lol, my thank’s message has been deleted :open_mouth:

Can’t speak french to thank’s the french author ? xD

Hey idk if anyone can help me out but ive been looking for essentials 2 all over the place but cant find it… is anyone able to send me a link?

sorry for my grammar im french.

We can’t provide you a link of es2 because we don’t have the right to redistribute this old version (asked by the author of essentialmode)

1 Like

Update to V1.1 + vidéo, lel quality

1 Like

Update to V1.2, don’t forget to tell me what I could add about zones :wink:

What are the changes in update v1.2?

There is a changelog, I let you read

I really need to check this, I’ve been looking for some stuff that allows to block players from leaving the prison and stuff like that. Looks great!

Since this is from a long time ago. Did you make any progress you might be so kind to share?

Thank you though!

great job! This is amazing!!! This will help with my community alot. Thank you.

My actual version us so modified, to release a new one I prefer to wait my motivation ^^

1 Like

I know there are natives that allow to set areas with different premade shapes as circles, spheres and cones, but this one provides incomparable precision tbh.

Would you mind to share it as it is for us to see? Otherwise good job tho, keep it up.

Thank you for this. Was very useful for my farming script.

iZone has been reworked. I hope you’ll enjoy it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When i click E to open it, just cursor shows but no UI?

the issue occurs because the bundle wasnt on the repo, on the last update it should be fine.

could you elaborate the local admin part?
I didnt understand what’s the issue

you right.
for now at least :wink: