A modified version of the tow script by @asser90 with multiple fixes and improvements.
Script is designed to work with the regular GTA V FLATBED model, as well as with 2 other modified flatbeds, which I have included. To use this script with other flatbed models the placement values will have to be adjusted, this can be done by following the instructions at the top of the
Credit for the Mule flatbed (flatbed2) goes to TheF3nt0n.
Credit for the Kenworth flatbed (flatbed3) model goes to BrewCityBass.
- Fixes attach/detach positions on both truck and ground. No more upside down cars when detaching!
- No more “jello” vehicles that stretch and warp when being towed.
- Can no longer detach a vehicle while the truck is moving or attach vehicles while they are moving.
- Vehicles will detach if the truck flips over. (Thanks to @IllusiveTea)
- Improved notifications.
- The vehicle that you want to tow needs to be within 12m of your tow truck. (configurable in the
- Large vehicles cannot be towed. (configurable in the
- You can have multiple tow trucks registered and have custom x,y,z offsets. (configurable in the
How it works:
- Using a trainer spawn
flatbed3and get in.
- When you find a vehicle to tow, get out and walk up to the vehicle.
- While facing the vehicle type
/towin chat to attach the vehicle to the flatbed.
- Once at your destination, get out of the truck and type
/towin chat again to detach the vehicle from the flatbed.
If another player is next to you when the command is entered the vehicle may not attach/detach. Ask them to step away.
The cause of this has been identified (the raycast is detecting the other player instead of the vehicle) and it is being worked on.