[Release] IceCon: the officially supported rcon tool

As some people seem to not have been aware of its existence, we’d like to take this opportunity to point out the officially supported remote console tool for use with FiveM.

The rcon feature has been developed for and tested with this tool, which can be invoked from both the command line and (on Windows) with an interactive GUI.

You can download the program from the releases page.

A tip: to launch the program pre-connected to your server, make a batch file or shortcut to the tool like this:

icecon_windows_amd64.exe -g server.host:30120 lovely

Thanks, and have fun! :snail:

4 Likes

Popped up as Virus on my anti-virus

3 Likes

Any reason why this isnt working for me?

1 Like

Do you have ACL as that is what adds the rcon commands to do with time and weather?

I dont even know what an ACL is…

Lets you do /time and /weather in game along with a few more commands, but this adds the option to do /time and /weather etc in rcon/icecon

1 Like

Is icecon compatible with FX server, and if so what do I use to connect? I’ve tried my ip and port that I use to connect to the game, but it says “The server must set rcon_password to be able to use this command.” I know I have to be doing something wrong just not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Go in server.cfg and where it says #rcon_password yay make sure to remove the # and put a password there (remove yay since its a bad password)

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!

can you make it compatibe with fx server so you can use the ban

How do you stop / restart the sever. quit does not seem to work on FX.

what are the commands?

1 Like

any idea on how i can make it have autorestart messages?

You can’t restart the server through IceCon:

https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Administering_your_Dedicated_Server

what would be a quit example. I’m not a lua person :slight_smile:

Its not an IceCon thing anymore.

Press F8 than type ‘quit’ to force quit your game.

so is there anyway other than going into the server cmd promt and restarting that way?

I want my admins to be able to restart without giving full access to everything, because I have business stuff and whatnot.

I don’t think it’s a thing right now.

1 Like