[Release] Hot Pursuit [Alpha 2.0]

Hi,

First of all, english is not a language that I know well, so, i’m sorry if I made misktakes. Thank you for your understanding.

Well, I’m a big lover of Need for Speed III et IV with the “Hot Pursuit” gamemode. It’s hard to find players because these games are very old… And, EA, who like players as we know, decided to create only online multiplayer mode in NFS:HP 2010…

I discovered this multiplayer server for GTA V and it become a kind of revelation for me: It would be great to play Hot Pursuit in the street of Vice City! But I don’t know anything in programming, so, I decided to start learn Lua to make it by myself. I starting programming 3 month ago, so, all what I made was not perfect, but I working on :wink:

Description
After choosing a car, you have to reach the goal alive! The goal change everytime a game is finished or when the game is started

• You can select a car by using Right and Left
  • Use “A” to validate
  • You can change the color of the car by using Up and Down
  • Change the difficulty (wanted level) by using “LB” and “RB” - default is 3
  • In race, you can fixe tires by pressing “X”
  • When you spectating, use Right and Left to change the player you’re looking at
  • Translate in english

Todo List

• Create a scoreboard who showing players in game and status: Ready, In game, death, arrived… (I have trouble to make menu/table but i’m working on)
  • Giving point to players
  • Erase all unecessary blip on map

Bug

• Sometime, some players don’t stuck at the starting block and can move before all players are ready
  • Sometime, when a player finish the race, all players are teleported to the car selection place, but always wanted by police.

If you found any other bug, please, let me know
If you have any suggestion, tell me, and I thinking about it.
P.S. I working on another gamemode that let player playing police too… but it’s more difficult that this one, so be patient and don’t suggest it. thanks

Have fun :wink:

Video

13 Likes

Nice! Noted and bookmarked so we’ll give some suggestions later on.

Hi!

First off, thanks for developing a gamemode and open source it. :+1:
Too bad the code comments and texts are in french only (I’m french too, but not everyone is).
I have another concern, can players play as cops too ? I didn’t saw that in your video or code. GTA V cops are useless and not dangerous at all, especially when we are driving fast cars. If player had to chase each others, it would be way more entertaining, wanted level could stay at 5 stars (or even increase with time) to add some pressure. :wink:

Anyway, I hope you’ll continue to develop it and improve the gameplay and features, looking forward to see your updates on it. :+1:

Nice to meet another french here :slight_smile: and I’m glad you like this gamemode

Well, I’m actually working on a version where players can play as cop. It’s a differents gamemode, I d’ont share it for now because it wasn’t well playable (but it work, just some bug that need to restart server after a game I have to solve them and then, I’ll share it). I will translate all my comment soon, but I want to make this other gamemode playable first.

I’ll continue to develop gamemodes and share them because it’s the sharing of other people who help me to make this, I think it’s normal to share the result :wink:

1 Like

how to remove yellow waypoint when complete or finish arrived ?

is this bellow for yellow waypoint function ?

FreezeEntityPosition(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1)),  true) -- Bloque la voiture du joueur

–Affichage du Blip sur la map
posNumber = blipNumber
arrPos = chekPointHP[blipNumber]
– Citizen.InvokeNative(0x86A652570E5F25DD, Citizen.PointerValueIntInitialized(arrBlip))
arrBlip = AddBlipForCoord(arrPos[1], arrPos[2], arrPos[3])
SetBlipSprite(arrBlip, 38)
SetBlipRoute(arrBlip, true)
SetBlipAsShortRange(arrBlip, false)

and why editing it or evn only changing language in chatmessage :" …message content " to english or even no wrong code for example from false to true … but it keep always give an error mean script will not work … :frowning:

I Will change it in future update: I plan to completly remove the route in near future. For now, I have a big rush at work and I can work on the script, I will continue working on it in maybe 1 week. Also, I will translate all message et comment in my script in english!

Is it no longer updated?

Does not seem like it