[Release] /help, /rules, /cmds [HRC] [1.4]

/Help, /Rules, /Cmds - HRC By FAXES

I know another /Help Resource but before you think, uhhh there’s so many of these take the time to read, as its different.

About
This resources gives the ability for a user to type /help, /rules or /cmds in chat and it displays an image (Shown Below). By default the background is somewhat transparent, but feel free to change this. A user can press E for the box to disappear. The script also includes a sound which triggers when a command is entered (since update 1.3)

In the Download

__resource.lua
client.lua
index.html
script.js
style.css
bg-img.png
bg-img2.png
bg-img3.png
bg-img4.png
Photoshop files

Requirements
None this is a standalone script.

Pictures

Commands Picture

Rules Picture

Help Picture

Info Picture

In-Game Example

In the file is photo shop files for all three templates (shown above). Feel free to change colors, fonts, words etc.

By default the box appears off to the right of the screen. To change this go into the CSS file and on lines 70, 185 & 297. you can change the left percentage and the higher it is the more it goes the the right. To change the vertical axis go to lines 71, 186 & 298 in the CSS and change the top percentage.

Downloads:

Change-log(s)

Installation
Place in your resources folder, just like any other resource.

Credits
@Vespura: Making me think straight
@Briglair: For the javascript remake
@Dante_Kane: Original script (Simple Disclaimer)
@N0am: For some scripting help

This script is based off Simple Disclaimer and has been heavily modified.

If you have any issues or comments please put them below. :grinning:

For the resource to be activated by keybind check out @daniel992’s post here

35 Likes

Nice man! (20 charrrr)

1 Like

Love it, Simple as potato!!

Edit: cant wait to try it,

1 Like

Kvetz spent so much time trying to do it and now you guys upload it all this hard work for nothing

1 Like

We were discord sharing last night and were done with in. until Briglair told me about the java scripting and helped me with that. Its funny tho because we had the same idea as each other.

1 Like

its the exact same thing as on HSG xD looks good can’t wait to try it out !

1 Like

I got inspiration from HSG. If theres any more things I should add, hit me up.

I’m currently working on a little sound that plays when opening it.

Feel free to edit it to look different in ps. I did have it with a picture but I changed it.

1 Like

Was about to suggest an interaction sound! Another suggestion, maybe have a /serverinfo?

• This could include some info about you, the server etc.
  • it’ll probably have to be developed within a database?

But it could show:

• your id
  • how long the server has been up
  • How many players on the server
  • your ping.

It might be a stupid suggestion but looks fun to try out

I can give it a try. idk if it can all be in the client.lua. I might need to add a server.lua. Remember this resource literally displays a picture on command. I look into it tho.

1 Like

Yeh man, I mean it would be cool to work with the picture! :smiley:

Nice release, it looks too much like high speed gaming in my opinion.

1 Like

I prefer my server to have its own unique look, nice work though!

You can change it. It’s an image, make a new one :wink:

1 Like

I know I can change it I’m just saying, I prefer my own look. I’ve already designed my own on my server.

Good work Faxes.

3 Likes

I just went with the HSG box because its simple, again feel free to change stuff, even put it on the left. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not interested but I know a few people, who are shit at designing and scripting, so I’ll give them the link.

1 Like

The worst or is overs told me to find a script and I found one and he said he il make it and then yesterday he made it but it doesn’t work so yea

1 Like

is this like the disclaimer? does it show on join?

What doesn’t work? this resource.

Even if it just displays a picture you can still add ping, server info etc, through HTML and references if you are using Lua or Java.

1 Like