[Release] Heli Script

If someone could make this script work on police cars we could have a police spotlight mod

1 Like

Thank you, you’re a godsend.

So uhm, 2 Days ago I tried adding the ‘supervolito’ to the script by using the code from Vespura (comment 105) but after 1- 2 hours trying, it still didnt work.
I can provide the script from my .lua later on (if needed), but the only thing I did, was adding the code from his post, deleting the other helis(except polmav) and adding the “supervolito” so it only works on ‘polmav’ and ‘supervolito’.

awesome script!
i use it for polmav and for buzzard2
is it possible to delete the thermal camera function?
and the rappel function doesnt work well on buzzard2, you will be stuck in the helimodel after beginning to rapppel… thats okey for me… its not that important.

but removing the thermal cam would be nice… how can i achieve that?

how can i add speed of a players car to this script

It’s already in one of the modified versions in the topic replies. Just scroll up until you find it :slight_smile:

I know it is but I tested it and it show the speed of your helicopter not a players car

Then you must have messed something up because for me it definitely shows the car’s speed, not the helicopter speed.

Is it optimiced for vRP?

Question, is it possible to increase the range that it can lock on from in a config, also does the spotlight lock on to vehicles additionally can it lock onto peds with the camera with spotlight?

Not in a config, no. But it absolutely works in code. Search for rayhandle = CastRayPointToPoint(...) within function GetVehicleInView(cam) and change (forward_vector * 200.0) to a larger value such as (forward_vector * 800.0).

1 Like

Please don’t shoot me if this has been asked. I just skimmed all the comments and I didn’t see it but I could be wrong. We have been using this in our server for a really long time. We are adding a second polmav (polmav2) and I am wondering. With the lines in reference to polmav can I copy those but replace polmav with polmav2 and have this work for our 2 style of chopper?

I don’t shoot :slightly_smiling_face:
Sure, just modify the ‘IsPlayerInPolmav’ to also return true when in a polmav2 and you’re set with regards to the heli cam.
I’ve heard some problems with the rappelling function in non-native heli’s though so that might not work.

2 Likes

I am using the updated version that allows manual control and its bloody brilliant, I do have 2 suggestions if any of the devs see this. It would be cool to have the spotlight jerking around a little bit like IRL and a cone of light from the chopper to the locked on car if possible. Great team effort guys :slight_smile:

Could you possibly add a speed radar to this?

In the comments above someone has tweaked and reposted the script to do this. Just scroll up

Is there is a possibility of adding a helicopter spool up addon to this kind of like acdcrp but different because i would like something realistic like that that way it takes awhile to startup just like real life because the helicopter blades need time to spool up if you know what i mean

In the meantime i’m trying to figure it out using some of the carhud code

Really cool script, but it would be even better if the spotlight could move…

I don’t know of any way currently to physically turn the heli’s searchlight apparatus or to point a cone of light downwards (instead of or in addition to the circle of light drawn on ground).

The cone of light AFAIK is only available when the polmav’s default forward spotlight is activated, but of course then it only points forward. I would love to get the cone working for the other spotlight modes but I’m not aware of any available GTA natives that makes it possible and I have never seen a single player or multiplayer mod that does it.

Maybe you could use something from this https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-police-searchlight