[Release] Heli Script

Not sure, haven’t heard about that. I never use the rappel anyway so you’ll have to ask @mraes.
EDIT: This also depends on the model you use, could be different for every model.

2 Likes

Great script. I was just wondering if theres a way to move the spotlight?

What exactly do you mean by “move the spotlight”?

If you mean move the circle of light cast by the spotlight, then with the last version above the heli pilot can aim the spotlight manually (enter helicam using E, then activate spotlight with G, then aim). Or pilot can have the spotlight move and track a target automatically (E, then G, then find target and lock on with SPACE, then optionally exit helicam with E).

When I do any of those things it doesn’t track

You are not giving much detail about what you are actually doing, step by step.

First of all, which version are you using? Next, does helicam (E) work? Can you use helicam to zoom on a target vehicle to the point that you get a vehicle information display at the bottom of the screen (license plate etc)? Can you then press space bar and if so what happens (helicam should lock on the target, after which you can press G to shine spotlight on it, if you are using the version posted a few posts up).

Im using the version in the download above. Everything works fine, except the tracking on the spotlight. I can enter the camera, I can press space to track them and lock on and yes it shows the license plate and model

No wonder. The original version that has a download does not have a tracking spotlight. You need to use the version I posted on Aug 15.

I feel dumb. Thank you so much for that. Also is there a way to change it from kilometers to just miles per hour?

Yes, open up heli_client.lua and look at the last line of the Config section (line 24?).

Where it says

local speed_measure = "Km/h" 

change it to

local speed_measure = "MPH"

is it simple to edit the default overlay for the camera?

when going with the rappel down, the character is stuck in animation, please fix

Works perfect for me

I got a similar issue, rappelling started fine but as soon as the animation finished “grabbing” the rope, the player froze for about a second and then just fell down to their death. Only happens sometimes though, after a server & client restart everything works fine.

Maybe your helicopter is too high up when you begin to fast rope. So your character does not hit the ground. Making him freeze then fall?

As it is an animation pulled straight from the animations of police, this seems most likely as police helis stay at a certian altitude while dropping

Nope because this happened all the way from min flying height to very high up. (Tested a lot of different altitudes to make sure) And also the player fell from the top of the helicopter/rope, they didn’t descend using the rope at all they just fell out the helicopter. Doesn’t really bother me as I never use the rappelling anyway and this only occurred once or twice.

Was there ever a fix given for the game crash when pressing X to rappel??

You using a custom model on your polmav? Or changed model of helicopter that ur using?

No, you’d have to edit the scaleform used for this camera, not at all simple sadly.

Nope just the standard polmav.