[Release] Heli Script

this is awesome. it would incredible if you could figure out a way for the spotlight to aim where the camera is looking. Either way, great job!

1 Like

Spotlight would be possible, but synchronizing it across players would be a strain on the network, so I’ll look into it!

5 Likes

I’ll be waiting hahaha

1 Like

doesnt seem to work in the maverick heli for me , are their certain helis this is setup for ?

1 Like

it is setup for Polmav

1 Like

needs to be a /polmav

1 Like

k thnx then , i guess request to add more helis that have a cam to the list then for next update :smiley: (also add a list to which helis it works for in the readme or scripts documentations)

1 Like

Just FYI on the spotlight possibility, there is a thread discussing this in the coding section of gtaforums. Reference is made to an existing spotlight mod, made in C# I believe, which has source you can look at. I made a go at it a while back in lua but drawing from the C# mod, creating a simple hotkey to lock spotlight on closest car/ped. It did partially work but there were problems. I found the native SetMountedWeaponTarget, suggested at gta forums, did not work but the DrawSpotLightWithShadow native, used in the C# mod, does work.

2 Likes

soe has this working on their server already so it has to be possible … it also has the lock on function

1 Like

If you look on the forum you will already find a spotlight script and rappel. Same type of script SoE uses.

3 Likes

Do you mean on this forum? I have not seen a spotlight script with targeting anywhere here and I just tried a search and came up empty.

I know the rappel script and I remember someone in the thread for it that provided a little snipped of code to turn on the heli spotlight (not target it)), but if you know of something more developed here please let us know.

1 Like

@Loque I meant exactly what you said, the rappel script from scammer and the spotlight code from mark viola. I didn’t mean those ones locked on. i informed mraes about both, so he could incorporate them into his script. And seeing what mraes has already done i’m sure he can find a way to lock on.

1 Like

Could you point in the direction of said spotlight script?

2 Likes

Have some patience, I’m integrating it into HeliCam as we speak. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

BIG UPDATE 2017-06-12
Added searchlight, rappel, and displaying of vehicle info from the helicam. Also allows you to lock onto vehicles with the camera.
Zip in the first post is updated, also added a better showcase video.

(Spotlight lock on is the next feature :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

Nice script it would be amazing if someone could make the spotlight moveable

5 Likes

This is looking like my favorite script in a long time haha

2 Likes

ya this script is almost perfect now and a lot of fun to play around with … almost feels like itl make cops a bit too op though , but the realism … Kreygasm

2 Likes

What a fucking good work,i’m impressed. Thanks mate !

2 Likes

Thanks for creating this script but with the next update is there any way to cancel the camera lock on ONLY when you press space bar? because if you press E to look at your surroundings and to make sure you’re not going to collide with anything it cancels the lock on.

1 Like