[RELEASE] guidehud - Loading Screen / In-Game Menu

Hello,

This is yet another loading screen, but with a twist. It allows players to browse through a few menus, checking announcements, rules, and hotkeys while loading into the game. It also allows players to bring this menu up while in game, in case they need to reference something.

Features

1. Loading Screen
  2. In-Game HUD
  3. Announcements, rules, and hotkeys
  4. Randomized YouTube music player
  5. Fading Background Slideshow

Credit

Thank you to the following people for help in improving this resource.

• Fourthbeam (Suggesting YouTube music player / Background Slideshow)
  • Buggeroff/Syntasu (Idea of YouTube music player came from Synn’s loadscreen.)

Installation

1. Download the resource. GitHub
  2. Put it into your resources folder
  3. Edit the config
  4. Add start guidehud to your server.cfg
59 Likes

Awesome !

4 Likes

Brilliant, good idea!

2 Likes

Great release, can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

Best loading screen ever.

1 Like

Is there a way to use this with ksackers without conflicting?

1 Like

Did you mean kashactors, like the multi character thing? I’ve tested it extensively with kashactors and never experienced issues. What problems are you seeing?

1 Like

Looks great! Nice job! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

this looks so sick

1 Like

this is awesome i really like it!
if you could add configuration for adding new stuffs without editing html stuffs( i suck at html) would be fantastic
thank you for this release

1 Like

Amazing work !! love it

its not working quit well: (its not getting the text like rules controls.)

nui://guidehud/assets/js/app.js:4 Uncaught TypeError cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null
1 Like

Likely because you renamed the resource. Don’t rename it.

1 Like

This is fantastic, man. Kudos. Would you be willing to implement a YouTube api kinda like Synn’s loading screen uses? That way players don’t have to download the entire list of songs used.

1 Like

@Skordy so I want to say thank you, for sharing your exceptional script, professional work. number 1 for loadingscreen and for the pause menu.

2 Likes

so nice men
very cool:heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

Have been waiting for someone to release something like this, You are awesome

3 Likes

As mentioned by @Fourthbeam please refrain from renaming the resource. The opening and closing of the HUD are controlled by code that requires it to be named “guidehud”.

1 Like

This is an awesome idea Fourthbeam, I will look into adding this.

2 Likes

@Skordy

1 Like

Before your edit, I saw the property was ‘innerHTYML’. Did you edit something, or remove the hotkey ‘F2’ from config.js? Try downloading a fresh copy and trying again.

1 Like