[Release] FRFuel [v1.7.0]

nice little write up thanks for that. you thinking on improving it? adding p notify pop ups for it instead or making it look a bit nicer also. picking up the gas can costs nothing and it seems to refuel the car even if its empty and dosent drop. potential unlimited unpayed for fuel

I didn’t write it up btw, I just put it together to make it easier for those unfamiliar with the file structure. @Emru provided the code, and I’m sure it was intended to be a simple solution to the question. If this file was in lua I would take a crack at eliminating the gas cans or making them empty so you had to fill them up. But idk C#. :confused:

the newest version of the source code that’s available causes resource time warnings and does not display the hud onscreen.

Works fine. Make sure you have hud enabled in your pause menu settings

i know you wrote the last version of this and you are a very talented coded. are you planning on taking this any further maybe making the config able to add extra gas stations and fixing the fact the gas cans spawn and give u 0 ammo and do not run out when you use them on a car.

the compiled version works fine. but when compiling the source code version it displays resource time warnings.

In that case it probably causes exceptions somewhere every frame, giving a lot of performance stress to the client.

It works fine if I compile it myself so you must have made a mistake somewhere whenever you compiled it.

No plans atm, I’m busy working on other things. Maybe in the future though, also note that @thers hasn’t quit this project.

1 Like

how to i compile the source code that i edited i have Visual Studio code and you know all the free stuff

This is most likely due to some kind of infinite ammo enabled. We can’t interfere into it, so it’s your own responsibility to get it working.

The very next upcoming release will only allow end user to control fuel via small API, such as adding fuel and retrieving current fuel level. (discussion https://github.com/thers/FRFuel/issues/21)

2 Likes

please add a config for onscreen position, that is literally the only reason why im trying to recompile this

i haven’t changed any code before compiling, and i’m compiling as a release version. any idea what might be causing this inconsistency?

Wrong framework version?

possibly, let me look at it

Exactly what do you mean by this? Also adding such a thing kinda useless as then it’d be applied for everyone on your server, which is odd when it comes to UI.

That is why there’s only on/off entry available.

Adding positioning fuel bar on the screen individually for player would require adding some kind of a menu, which is the opposite of this resource’s target: to be as simple yet complete as it could be. It mimics to default UI for exactly this reason.

With the upcoming update you’ll be able to make your own UI for it. It will introduce API that will let you know current fuel level, thus you can turn off native UI

1 Like

could you please add a color change to config cause i dont know how to compile files into a .dll

no infinity ammo enabled here normal ammo usage and when u spawn it in it has a 0 ammo supply. when you use it to fill a car it works fine when u use it on the ground u drop it right away because it has 0 fuel. so im not sure whats up with it

Ey boes, new v1.2.0 has been released featuring shining external API! Check out original post here for API doc.

Nice update :grinning:

When will aircraft be added?

Updated my HUD to work with this. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how’d you change the bar? (( the size, etc ))?