[Release] Freeroam 2 by Kanersps

@LoPan What? The provided SQL file does this for you?

i know you were kind enough to give the public a free server mode but some are not understanding how to set it up properly according to you its just put in file and play kinda thing but in this case its not working like that

@LoPan Then they shouldn’t set it up at all. As this stuff isn’t hard todo at all. Create a mysql server import the sql and change the settings in register.lua, LIKE WE SAID IN THE INSTALLATION TUTORIAL. Also no context <- You don’t make much sense

We have updated our FreeRoam gamemode One-Click install with bug fixes, if you use our services, please uninstall and reinstall for latest updates. @IIzDann @LoPan

everyone is having a problem with the SQL Database not connecting to the register.lua properly

Thank you.

kane how do you make yourself admin if the mysql just makes an error when u edit ur level on the column ?

Off the wall and maybe wrong to ask but will this work with the old server and i’m missing it or need to be the new server, with the new i’m getting “Legacy server will not work with version of FiveReborn”
Would love to run this with the old, slap me if its stupid question…

Small fix for Windows 10:
If you get errors in Server window you need go to “resources\freeroam\lib” and right click on MySql.Data.dll then check “unblock” then press ok

Navigate to “resources\freeroam\lib” then open “MySQL.lua” and change “resources/tdm/lib/MySql.Data.dll” to “resources/freeroam/lib/MySql.Data.dll”

1 Like

@GEEKmechanic This cannot be used with older server versions. No reason to use older ones anyhow.

call it freeroam

@kanersps I seem to got it to work, and I get money and all, but how does one add yourself to the admin list. If I try /setlevel 1 4 it gives me “Invalid Command” and if I try to edit admin.lua with filling in my Steam name (that I use in-game for FiveReborn as well) it basically makes everyone unable to do the chat commands like /login or anything again, like with the previous version. I’m really eager to use this gamemode, but I really need myself and a friend as admins. Can anyone maybe send me an example on how to do it, because I’m a rookie in scripting and stuff. Never done it before.

@-Sirion- The first admin needs to be set in the mysql db

@kanersps Thanks for the quick reply. But like I said, I’m totally new to this kind of stuff and MySQL mess. Can you maybe give me a quick example on where to go and how to add myself to the admin list thing? Would really appriciate it. It’s the only thing I need: Admins.

@-Sirion- https://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+access+mysql+db

kane how do you make yourself admin if the mysql just makes an error when u edit ur level on the column ?..

@kanersps I’m already inside the MySQL database, and I see the column with Users, with some parameters like Username, Password, Banned, Admin etc. I already Googled on how to edit it, since I can’t find any edit button to set Admin (0) to Admin (1) after my username. It seems so freaking easy as how it’s explained but I just can’t find it at all. Am I blind or is it harder than I’m thinking??

@Sirion I’m not going to explain on how to use MySQL.
@LoPan Same for you,

i didnt say that but when i do edit the my sql when i log back in the game it wont let me login at all just lets me walk around with the welcome screen on…

@kanersps Is it that freaking hard…?

its something on your end when u did the mysql build u didnt give permissions for it to be edit i aint stupid how these things work and it isnt the publics job to fix what you didnt tell us to do or fix what needed to be fixed you should beable to assist us like i said when you get the .sql on phpmyadmin when i go back into game it shits the bed and lets u walk around and doesnt login you in when u do “/login password” and yes iam gonna be rude because your speaking to us like were idiots when were asking about something so simple that if you cant be giving the proper information instead of playing head games then why submit a game mode its command sense if the game mode wont have a tutorial for people like @Sirion that have never use this stuff before then why upload such a gamemode if its not user friendly

RANT DONE.

PS. if you say that didnt make sense its because IAM FRENCH atleast i tried!