[Release] Firescript v1.0 Alpha

Thanks for the reply, what version do you have btw? Like what download link did you use? The regular one or test branch

as for now i am not adding the /startfire (flame size) (smoke size) (density) untill i figure it out but i am fixing bugs & doing the blip for where the fire is located but the blip may take a bit.

Is there a way to show a blip on the pause menu since its kinda hard to search the fire for people who donā€™t know al the random locations

He is working on this

1 Like

Is it possible to increase the view distance of the fire?

You also have to hit the fires in just the right spot using the firetruck

can you make it so only fireman peds can see the fire?

wouldnā€™t firemen not want to start it?

Could do it someone and that the server controls the events?
Serious a fantastic contribucion!

No need to be a jerk, he is making improvements. Keep scrolling if you have nothing good to say, have a good day.

no thanks (char limit) 20

1 Like

Sorry, I repeat the question,
Would it be possible to achieve a 100% synchronization for all customers?

possibly if you edit it :wink: and @JayJayAuto got nothing good to say then just dont jugge people if they want to make improvements then they can there is no need to be mean about somone who just wants to make improvements. if you got nothing good to say then just keep it in your head instead of expressing it to someone.

1 Like

Well said sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be a great contribution if someone could make the script work 100% synchronized.
In theory if the server handled the time of creation of fires instead of the client, the synchronization would be total true?
Sorry for my English and thx

That would be great if i could sync it fully serverside however with the way that particles work within gta i had to send variables from the server to the client to tell them to make 2 fire one for looks and one for functionality.
After that you have to send the variables of position and everything from client to server in order to update it to everyone, and then if a fire is extinguished it sends the info that the clients fire was extinguished and syncs that to everyone which activates a loop that is checking the position of all the fires relative to the particle effects to see if it should extinguish.
after it determines that there is no functional fire available within the radius it sends the command to all clients to remove that particle effect.

That is the synapses of how this script works.

1 Like

maybe a way more simple aproach would be better?
just spawn some molotovĀ“s ever 8seconds on the same place in an area of 5mĀ² or somethingā€¦
i mean, thats not nearly as cool like this script, but the firescript is not usable for roleplayservers atmā€¦ soā€¦ maybe this could work?
clearly we would have way smaller firesā€¦ (depends what is catching fire) but it already syncs molotovs correctly as i know?
maybe there are another options instead of only molotovs, im not sureā€¦ maybe some fuel-cans in addition, i dont knowā€¦

as im not able to script something like this, i just wanted to bring an different idea to thisā€¦
maybe someone is able to try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That may work however even with Molotov the flame goes out way to quickly to be effective. This script was what i made in the first 2 weeks of learning to code for fivem so it isnt very refined, and i would love to see something from someone who has been doing this for longer than me.

yeah, because the fire goes out so fast i thought it would be good to spawn a new molotov every ~8 seconds

yesā€¦that would be awesomeā€¦ sadly i cannot really help there =( sry

if i had the time to work on this i could more than likely come back with something epic but the fact is that i dont sadly, i have to work to live so the time to put into this is just out of the question.