[Release] Firescript v1.0 Alpha

wheres the smoke code in the Files so i an try and make it more darker and add more smoke !!!

@rjross2013 would you mind if i make it better based off your code so itā€™s exactly like doj where you can do /startfire 20 20 or more to start it and make it a bigger fire and also allow there to be more than 2 or 3 fires at once?

4 Likes

Honestly i am very sad that it looks like people have not managed to work on the project and add things to this projectā€¦ I was hoping the community would grab it by the horns and have a field day with it but it seems everyone is being stingy with the edits they makeā€¦

I ask everyone who has made edits to my script to please post for others to use, or at the very least contribute by helping the ones having issuesā€¦

7 Likes

i will start off by figuring out any bugs that i notice :wink:

Anyone have any luck with creating live blips for when fires spawn at the locations set?

I hope Someone does!

iā€™ve been working on that one.

1 Like

Installed the new update and now I am running into this error

Error loading script server.lua in resource firescript: server.lua:146: attempt to index a nil value (global ā€˜FIREā€™)
stack traceback:
server.lua:146: in main chunk
Failed to load script server.lua.

Did a complete drag and drop, I even toggled true or false for whitelisting and the steam ID is the correct formatā€¦ Any ideas?

1 Like

any idea if we can make it so it shows a blimp on the map till the fire is over

@Skrubby, thatā€™s an awesome idea. Iā€™d love to see that too.

1 Like

@Skrubby ^ look above the posts and i posted that in there.

is it a bug that only the first report is a fire and after there is nothing??

it probably is but as said the author abandoned this project and i am continuing it. although it takes awhile because the first thing iā€™m doing is setting it so you can do /startfire (size of flames) (size of smoke) (density)

after that i will fix bugs like the random fires, etc.

ok thanks sounds good

1 Like

looking forward to it do you have your own page for it or?

Why not completely randomize the options and make it so someone needs a permission like firefighter.fightfire to have the fires start?

well it would basicly be pointless for rp because my point of view civs should start the fire and then the firefighters would put it out which would basicly mean that civs would have firescript.startfire permission & firefighters would have firescript.extinguish or firescript.stopfires etc

1 Like

gotcha, but that could be hell on curtain servers.

Havenā€™t been on this project in a while, but is this still only Client sided (I mean where it doesnā€™t sync with the server, and only the Client who started the fire can see it. It doesnā€™t show on other peopleā€™s screenā€™s) or has that been fixed? @rhys19

As of now it is sorta synced, i use it and people can see the fires i started like 75% of the time.