[Release] Firescript v1.0 Alpha

try the new version from the testbranch, just redownload it and it should be working now please give me your feedback!

i installed the new one. added my steamid and set it to true to use the whitelist. i was unable to activate the fire. i turned it to false. and i was able to activate the fire with the F7 but not the command /fire and i could not stop the fire with /firestop

What was the steamid that you added? there is one that fivem uses which looks different from your actual one.

@rjross2013 Can you pls explain me how to add a map blip when the fire spawns?

This feature will be coming out probably within the week! if you still want to attempt it yourself just look at an addon that puts a blip on the map and you got the code :slight_smile:

Is there a list of the text chat commands?

inside of the server.lua there is if statements that show them. I only recommend to use the f7 key to spawn a fire though.

Currently the firestop command doesnt work, and the /fire command bugs out sometimes.

if you need coords you can do /coords or if you need to know how many fires have been spawned that day then use /firecount.

i am using the the one where you take your steam id and convert it to decimal using this link http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converterā€¦ its not my first rodeo on whitelisting.

The current test build is confirmed to not be working, please wait for an update or use the official released version!

The fire dissapears so fast sadly ;(

I have noticed some problems with fire syncing properly with the new update to fire positions, and I will be taking a look at that tmrw after my dentist appointment as well.

This is so great that youā€™re so active on this. I had this on my cfx and canā€™t wait to test it on my new FX tonight. Thanks dude!

Just Saying The Smoke Needs to be like more thicker and more black and also make the smoke stick around and the smoke should actually go higher than it does currently i would love this script if you added that
Also This is only a suggestion but would be nice to see this in the script!
going to test the test version of firescript on fxserver soon will reply back when tested

Sorry I have been very busy with my new job, i just have not had the time, but to do with the smoke and fire I cannot do anything about it because i am limited to the effects that gtav have to offer. If you can find me one that looks better than send it to me and ill try it!

Would it be possible to use a flares particle effect dont know how but if you can couldnt you somehow change its smoke color to black?

the color is completely up to the effect itself, but yes if you find the exact name of the effect then i can test it

scr_fbi_dd_breach_smoke
scr_agency3b_blding_smoke
scr_agency3b_linger_smoke
scr_env_agency3b_smoke
ent_ray_shipwreck_smoke_plume
These were the only effects i found containing plumes of smoke/smoke in generalā€¦ Some may not work.

Is there a way I can toggle this script on and off? Iā€™d really like to use the random fires feature, but I donā€™t want it to spawn fires if there are no firefighters online. If toggling random fires is not a current feature, maybe it could be something to add?

for now to toggle it what you can do is just stop firescript in rcon exactly like i just said it. Now I am going to add a /onduty command that has to be entered before the firescript will work so be expecting that eventually. While I am working I am giving everyone that has made a worth while update explicit permission to upload working updates of the firescript but only post them here on this thread!

You may not use github to host the files!

quick thing, Is it possible to make it so it uses 2 effects at once. E.G: A fire effect and a massive smoke plume effect at once?