[Release][ESX] [Jobs]

Yes sir, it’s all there.

Might be an unemployed user with grade 1 in the database which isn’t correct. Default should be 0 when unemployed.

Just wanting to say, thank you both for taking the time. This is such a pain in my ass. I cleared out the users database to just say “screw it, fresh start” and now came back with this:

Error running call reference function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: server/main.lua:190: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘?’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:190: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322
[ERROR] [MySQL] Check the error above, an error happens when executing the callback from the query : “SELECT * FROM jobs WHERE name = @name {@name=}”

and tried to /givemoney

Error running call reference function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: server/commands.lua:76: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘xPlayer’)
stack traceback:
server/commands.lua:76: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322
Error running call reference function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method ‘underflow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field ‘any’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field ‘unpack’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:563: in upvalue ‘callback’
server/main.lua:213: in upvalue ‘ref’
stack traceback:

how did You exactly fix the problem of Nothing happening when pressing E at the Job Center? Much appreciated

1 Like

I have all the requirements installed and working. Just that when I go into the Job center and press E in the Circle. Does not do anything. I also put the job on job listing and still not working. Can someone help?

1 Like

Not sure if you fixed this yet or not, but I had the same issue. I installed esx_menu_default and it resolved my issue. Found a reference to it in the coding and realized I forgot to add this.

Appreciate it man, but there was too much messed up with esx and things that did not work properly. Switched to vrp and now we have everything working 100%. Appreciate the help thou

Thanks allot for the info. I have two servers and I run vrp in one and started testing esx on the other. So far with your method of adding esx menu did allow me to get jobs option pop up with E. Though the problem I am having atm is, I can’t get way points for jobs and most of the job icons don’t even show on the map. I do have blips enabled for all the jobs in files although.

Odd question out of the blue, but does anyone know where I look into setting the Money Dirty money and job ect… to fade out then when using a command such as /job and or /cash it will display it again for lets say 10 seconds.

My interaction menu for the job center is not working, any ideas what causes this?

Do you have esx_menu_default and the other esx_menu things? If not i would get them (there are 3 in total)

I do.
esx_menu_default
" "list
" "dialog

Do they need to be called in the server.cfg in a certain order??

Here is my server.cfg I am not sure, but i think using this order might make it work.

CFG

FIVEM DEFAULT

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
restart sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start baseevents
start loadscreen

set mysql_connection_string “server=localhost;database=essentialmode;userid=root;”

set es_enableCustomData 1

MYSQL ASYNC

start mysql-async

ESSENTIAL MODS

start async
start essentialmode
start esplugin_mysql
start es_admin2
start es_extended

ESX REQUIRED MODS

start instance
start cron
start skinchanger
start esx_skin
start esx_menu_default
start esx_menu_list
start esx_menu_dialog
start esx_addonaccount
start esx_addoninventory
start esx_datastore
start esx_society
start esx_service
start esx_billing

ESX JOBS

start esx_jobs
start esx_joblisting
#start esx_taxijob
start esx_policejob    
start esx_property
#start esx_ambulancejob
#start esx_vehicleshop

ESX ANY OTHER MODS

start esx_status
start esx_basicneeds
start esx_clotheshop
start esx_garage
start esx_holdup
start esx_drugs
#start esx_atm
#start esx_animations

Maps

start Redwood
start sandyyacht
start xysdynamicpd
start xysdynamicsspd
start COLOR

Other

(Other Mods)

Civ

(Civ mods)

All Police

(My police mods)

Some have the # In frot of them because i dont have it installed, thats all, but that is the order they are in. I hope this helps.

Hmm, that is eerily similar to what mine looks like, though the order is a tad different for the menu items, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve tried just about everything else lol.

Alright. Let me know how it turns out.

Yea, still nothing, it’s super weird.

I am unsure then. I had this issue before and that helped.

Hmmm, I think I found my problem. Unsure how to move forward.

“Error loading script server/main.lua in resource, esx_joblisting: server/main.lua:1: attempt to call a nil value <global ‘require’>
server/main.lua:1: in main chunk
Failed to load script server/main.lua.”

I am unsure what to do with that. But, I am sure other developers can help. I would recommend going to the ESX support discord and sharing that error code.

The invite link to the ESX support discord is expired. :frowning:
Thanks for trying, I appreciate the help.