[Release] esx_jail

It SHOULD work for police that are whitelisted to use the policemenu (assuming you put it in the menu and have police as a whitelisted job)

ok so your saying if the esx_policejob is whitelisted then they can jail? and its in the menu?

I think so, I am still building my server so I don’t have a body to test such things at the moment but just follow the instructions to put it into your esx_policejob menu, then have a cop who is not admin jail you through the menu and not command

just looking at the code, it should work though cause it just pulls the function and I don’t see anything that runs a check on permissions

yes but without the command how do you set the amount of time for prison cause when you click the button in the menu i dont think it lets you choose how long they will be in prison?

It will give a popup allowing you to enter the time

ok gotcha my only concern is someone putting the wrong person in jail and you cant get them out. Because no unjail

Is possible to set a real time jail? Since I want to be able to jail someone for doing something nasty, but if the guy should make his punishment during game time, it’s just another AFK player keeping player server slot busy :confused:

I’m having issues adding it into my policejob menu! Makes the policejob stop working.

Same

No idea - shame so one cannot upload there’s with it already plumbed in.

Yeah a real shame, really could of done with something like this :confused:

anybody get it to work via police menu?

1 Like

I’ve not, let me know if ur lucky , just seems to crash the script

Everything is great but in the police menu, i have “Translation [EN][Jail] Does not exist”

I have added that to the policejobs locale en,

[‘Jail’] = ‘Jail’,

but it still doesn’t want to show up. any ideas?

also the blip on the map has no translation

Got a bug, if police job jails you from the added menu selection or regularly, when you are unjailed you remain cuffed. But the animation does not keep you cuffed. You cant move tho.

Latest updates include

• Improved & fixed timer
  • Use new chat resource triggers
  • Proper locale naming
  • General improvements
  • Blip changed
  • Moved all sync to async mysql tasks
  • Improved respawning after death whilst being in jail

Hi there, I have been using esx jailer. And I had it working fine,

I updated it today from the new update to fix the locale files and now i get this error

[ERROR] [MySQL] Check the error above, an error happens when executing the callback from the query : “SELECT * FROM jail WHERE identifier=@id {@id=steam:XXXXXXXX}”

(removed steam id on purpose here)

I have it in the policejob menu fine from last time, ive updated the sql file to match the updated version of esx jailer.

Thanks in advance for any advice, been scouring for a while before posting here :smiley:

My issue only happens when i am doing /jail. i assume when i get this working the script in the policejob client will work inherintly.

it worked great when i used the old version only till i updated it to the one u released a couple of days ago.

New errors now

Oh new error on Jailer now

Error running system event handling function for resource esx_jailer: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:43: attempt to call a nil value (field ‘Round’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:43: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:175: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:138
[C]: in function ‘coroutine.resume’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:34: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322

1 Like

Update ESX, it’s a new function

Ahh ok, The base? I will try it when I get home from work. Thanks :smiley: