[RELEASE] ESX_Holster

It has come to my attention that a previous developer of our server has released a large amount of our private code base to the public without permission. Some of these scripts took hours to create and were created to specifically promote our server. To prevent any malicious intent in use of these scripts that might conflict with the FiveM terms of service I have decided to slowly release them as I get the chance to do so. The following is an official public release of the script I custom coded for Insomnia RP a while back to greatly enhance roleplay called ESX Holster. The script combines a lot of other scripts into one and adds features that were not previously compatible. It was also influenced by a few private scripts I saw online that were not released that I decided to write the code for myself. Credit is posted in the github to the creators for scripts used in parts of the code. The script allows for the following:

• select multiple holsters for your character in game and removes pistol when drawn from holster - EUP REQUIRED
  • Changes draw animations based on gun and holster equipped
  • It removes the ability to draw large guns anywhere and makes players draw them from trunks with animation
  • Large guns that are put away will be put on your back and when drawn will be removed from your back
  • You may only have 1 large weapon on your back at a time regardless of the number of weapons in your inventory
  • Must be at a car trunk to put a large weapon away to remove it from back/hands
  • police can draw guns from driver and passenger door as well as trunk and have a reduced draw time

Controls:

• /holster 0-3 selects which holster to use - EUP Required
  • There is a quickdraw bound to Z
  • /rack puts gun back in your car

For more information please see the ReadMe in the github.

Download/Github Link: esx_holster

11 Likes

this script is fucking awesome

2 Likes

no other server has a script like this, fantastic work

2 Likes

this shit is awesome, script is clean and works perfectly. Everything i wanted right here.

1 Like

Good job, but when I take out a long gun this happens.

If you restart the script mid server you have to set everyone in the servers job again or it will break the script

1 Like

I recommend starting it in startup and not touching it. Restarting the script can result in weapons being stuck on peoples backs

1 Like

I’m having the issue where if someone gives away or drops a weapon its stuck on there back

1 Like

If you want to put a weapon aways its goes to back and than u have 2 weapons on back!?

Is there no way that you need to put it back inside trunk?

1. There is also /holster 4

2. Whenever I use a parachute it deactivates it and plays the “put gun back” animation. No matter if I had a gun in my hand or not.

Any help?

This is a really cool addition to the server.

Only thing I’m unsure on is if I have both an AR and a Shotgun, how do I return the shotgun to the car and get it off of my back?

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot and had another script conflicting with /rack

You walk up to the trunk of car and type the command /rack to put it back and get it off your back

very nice great job

Hi. Commented out the /sex and the /holster commands, but they still show up in the in-game chat. How could i remove them from there as well?

Still one of the best scripts out there

1 Like

im getting this error any time I go to pull a large weapon out. it only is crashing for me. ive reinstalled the script as well as reinstalled fivem and it is still doing it but only effects me. anyone know how to fix this???

how do i configure it so it can use disc inventory’s weapon items?

Hey, i really this script, but im looking for script without esx and i can only :put large weapon in my police car like this script and the script the ped take the weapon in the pants

thanks

Screenshot_1
When I take a AK, shoots this error