[Release] [WIP] ESX 2

how do i change the amount of money players start out with in esx and is there a extra script i need for banking

need help getting this error

Error running system event handling function for resource esx_society: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:39: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
[     17719] stack traceback:
[     17719] 	server/main.lua:39: in upvalue 'handler'
[     17719] 	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:163: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162>
[     17719] stack traceback:
[     17719] 	[C]: in function 'error'
[     17719] 	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
[     17719] 	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:131>

how do i set permission levels

Console commands:

Groups: user, mod, admin, superadmin

setgroup (user-id) (group)
setadmin (user-id) (perm-lvl) 0-100

how do i slow the money timing for people to get paid like can i change it where its like every 20 minutes or a half hour when people get paid

In the config file there is an equation that does payouts modify it to change how often pay is sent

what folder is it in es_extended or essential mode

does it say like config.paycheckinterval like it says 7*60000

That would be the one

ok how do i set that like do i set it like 20 *60000 if i want it every 20 minutes

just wanna make sure before i go and so anything

how do i fix it where everyone doesnt have insufficient permissions

I had a problem with es_extended. i donā€™t get only this error. i get it when i press e in job center and the menu is not showing up and i think esx is the problem here. F2 is not working to. Only banking. What can i do?

Error running call reference function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:348: server/classes/player.lua:343: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
stack traceback:
        server/classes/player.lua:343: in upvalue 'ref'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:334: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:333>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:333: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:332>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:348: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:319>
[ERROR] [MySQL] Check the error above, an error happens when executing the callback from the query : "SELECT * FROM `job_grades` WHERE `job_name` = @job_name AND `grade` = @grade {@job_name=miner;@grade=1}"

anyone know how to set it where the permissions are just for users not admins and mods and stuff where do i go to

i have a problem when i go to respawn my player just lays there nothing happens how do i fix that

Iā€™ve seen a lot of questions regarding certain things not working after installing based on the instructions youā€™re given. Here are some random tips that may help some people.

-Before you change anything trying to fix things, make sure you have ā€œstart baseeventsā€ added to your config and have it before esx_society, which is before all of your esx resources. The order that you have your resources listed on your config file matters.

-Things like language, you can change most of the translations by going to a resources ā€œconfig.luaā€ file and changing ā€˜fnā€™ to ā€˜enā€™, if the resources has a ā€œlocalesā€ file with an english subfolder.

-You can appoint job levels in your database, under ā€œusersā€. And, you can change the LABEL of these jobs and ranks in the ā€œjobsā€ and ā€œjob ranksā€ table. You can set admin and superadmin here as well. It requires the user to be offline at the time of the change.

-If a resource isnā€™t working, even though itā€™s in the right order on your config, remove everything related to it in your database and reimport the sql file for it. If you get an error, check to see what it is picking up and remove it before you try again. Make sure everything that particular sql file adds to your db is removed before you reimport it.

-Make sure you replace ā€œessentialsmodeā€ at the top of your sql files to say the name of your database. This needs to be added or changed on any SQL file you add to your DB.

-Remember to wipe the cache on your server when making big changes.

-If you remove a job while under that job, you wonā€™t spawn in to your character. You have to sign off, change your job in the database and then log back in.

-The best place for resources and an archive to look for answers is the ESX discord, hands down. You will find crucial things you need by typing in the search bar in the discord. If you donā€™t code from scratch, make sure you register as a newb.

-You will find that certain things wonā€™t work for random reasons. I recommend looking harder for more up-to-date versions of those resources and look for other resources that are required for things to work, like ā€œesx_statusā€ and ā€œbaseeventsā€ and things like that.

-If you want to add car models and donā€™t want to wait for new ones on the forums, do them yourselves. Itā€™s super easy and takes about 2 mins, if you have the right files. Not all car models on the net work with FiveM, you need specific files. You can find out exactly how to do this here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNKuMQGdbMw

-Be mindful that ES5 is new and may not support ESX resources in their current state. Although ESX is updated for ES5, the other resources you use may not be.

-If youā€™re having respawn issues, make sure ā€œstart baseeventsā€ is added to your config and that itā€™s BEFORE any esx resources (but after ESX). Again, the order you place resources in is important, so reorganize the config before you start messing with things.

NOTE: Iā€™m not very skilled with ESX, having just converted, but Iā€™ve figured out all my issues with these forums and the discord channel. All the answers are there and arenā€™t difficult to manage. I am just making some suggestions to hopefully help other newbies. If Iā€™ve made any mistakes, feel free to add.

5 Likes

do you know how to fix respawn because when we die we lay there and canā€™t get back up

Just use the ambulance job.

yeah i have it in but when people try to revive or anything they cant

The respawn timer and all that is in esx_ambulancejob. Look for the newest release and make sure you have all the other required resources.