[Release] EssentialMode base

im glad essential is back up and running but my server still isnt showing up since all this happen? it was fine before essential crashed

For some reason i can’t ban poeple! Please Help

1 Like

same problem here . it worked one time for me and never worked again . i can just kick people from server

You would put localhost

When a player is dead he drop out all of his items, any way to remove the items insted?

I got a few questions…

1st) is es*_admin required? for this to work? or I can simply opt-out of using it?

2nd) I’m having big troubles with the banking system and the database overall, first of all, I’m using my local machine which is running on Windows 10 - Version 1709 (Build 16299.192) - Now the issue that I have is with CouchDB 2.0, as mentioned in the post it IS required, so the thing is that when I install CouchDB 2.1.1 (latest version) and even with Version 2.X+ I try to open up couchdb.cmd to execute and run the couchdb service, it ends up screaming something about module not found and what not, something like this:

<...> collation_driver,\"The specified module could not be found <...>

Now, however, if I use CouchDB 1.7.1_17.5, everything works like a charm, and I can indeed, go to the Fauxton site (CouchDB Web Interface), and setup the admin user and tweak it in the server files according the respective user details, everything else starts up just fine, a couple of errors in the ■■■■■■■ console but I think that’s just normal genera scripts bugs (Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:547: Cannot index a funcref)

Also this is what the essentialmode database looks like at the CouchDB Web Interface after the server fires up:

After that I go in the game and I don’t have balance, when I go to the bank it shows:

I have make sure myself that the directories and file structures are correctly configured, e.g. having the [essential] folder in the resources folder, having banking and es_rp inside the [essential] etc., etc.

So what am I doing wrong?

Hi Guys,

I have noticed on my server launch the following message while it is loading:

No such command essentialmode.
Then after that I have a Started resource essentialmode

Is that an issue that I should look into fixing?

Thank you

i have a problem with esplugin_mysql …
My game run with vRP framework by Dunko an essentialmode 5
in my mysql Database is this error and i dont know what it is …
The game run fine but i have this error with update Code

An error happens on MySQL for query "UPDATE vrp_user_ids SET WHERE license=@license {=}": You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE license=@license' at line 1

vrp_user_ids : My Table with the Identifier, permission_level, group, and license
I have adjusted the server.lua myself to the database…
i can’t usw the command /admin or other …

Picture:

Picture from License update

Picture from Identifier update
https://gyazo.com/3a4bdd4402550e267591d83827f2f998

Server.lua
server.lua (3.8 KB)

Picture from database
https://gyazo.com/e25692e8a6fe3ccfcca8dff246ed710e

idont no what is the problem …

i hope you have a fix …

HI kane
i got this error when other player joined in to my server
i m using the latest essentialmode
for this line

AddEventHandler(‘es_db:retrieveUser’, function(identifier, callback)
local Callback = callback
MySQL.Async.fetchAll(‘SELECT * FROM users WHERE identifier=@identifier;’, {identifier = identifier}, function(users)
if users[1] then
Callback(users[1])
else
Callback(false) <<— this is the error line
end
end)

end)

server.lua:30: in upvalue 'ref'
    citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function <citizen:/scriptin

g/lua/scheduler.lua:336>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function <citizen:/scriptin
g/lua/scheduler.lua:335>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function <citizen:/scriptin
g/lua/scheduler.lua:322>
[ERROR] [MySQL] Check the error above, an error happens when executing the callb
ack from the query : “SELECT * FROM users WHERE identifier=@identifier; {ident
ifier=steam:11000010cdf8a7d}”

playerConnected: { playername }

Anyone know how i can spawn a car with an especific livery?

Getting this error when I type /admin

Error running call reference function for resource es_admin2: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: server.lua:310: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘user’)
stack traceback:
server.lua:310: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322
Error running call reference function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method ‘underflow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field ‘any’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field ‘unpack’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:563: in upvalue ‘callback’
server/main.lua:154: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322

2 Likes

can someone please help i keep getting an Error message in the CMD when i start the server up “Error detected in the authentication, please take a look at your convars for essentailmode.” i get that and also wihtt the error i can go into game then set my admin group but once i press the kick or ban or any button it gives an error as well…

Hey fellas

any clue what is causing the error?

What is meant by “Access denied for command add_principal”? It prints to my server console when essentialmode is started

@Rav3n69 there is a issue with Essentialmode using license as the identifyer insted of actually using the darn steam id.

This actually ends up in if a person connects with a different steam id, but the same license, es_admin2 is affectet by it, since that person can’t be banned, and a lot of other stuff.

I think the only thing that might fix this is the dev of essentialmode rewrights it to use steamid insted using the fivem generated license.

Ill start looking in to it but it’s a shame the dev of this module dos not use github, since adding or changing features is not that easy to get out to the public.

How do i add an admin?

How do you get the “home” menu to work in game for this?

Every time I and my friends try to do a command with es_admin it either says “Incorrect ID” or it comes up with a bunch of black text like __resource.lua fuction error and stuff like that, PLZ NEED HELP

(BTW my friends and I have superadmin)

Can someone please help me. I have essentialmode5 & es_admin2. I am trying to tempban someone. How do i go about tempbanning instead of permban?

This is intended that it uses the license as a backing if the SteamID wasn’t found in the database. And this was also thoroughly tested and resulted in it working. I’ve also tested this recently(2~ days ago) and it still worked fine without issues.

This is for a specific reason as if a player joined already but tries to join with a different steam account that it will load the same user still. Also es_admin2 bans IP, SteamID and license. So joining with the same license is not possible.

A server should make a character system and not let steam handle that part.