[Release] EssentialMode base

Great mode, but please you really need to work on making tutorials on how to set everything up. Most players (me included) see that you need to add es_admin to the list but you never ever tell us that you actually need to copy the es_admin folder to the ressources… Then people ask questions that it doesn’t work.
You also don’t mention that you need to change the gamemode of the map.

Is it possible to post all the steps needed to get this running in plain english please ?

Then when i start the sql in the db, “gta5_gamemode_essential” will be created automatically?

( Really sorry, i’m totally bad in “sql” :confused: )

But i already have “gta5_gamemode_essential” in my sql :confused:

I need to delete the identifier key?

( in my es_admin, i already changed to my root password, its ok^^ )

When i try to execute sql.sql, i’ve an error like “You have 6 warnings”

1 Like

You just have to run the sql. It looks like you already did that. So you don’t need to delete anything.
I managed to get the database running too, but when I run the server nothing special happens. I can join the server from the client and everything but no user is registered… I guess I miss something.

nothing happens in the db.
We can run and drive around like if the mode wasn’t there… I didn’t added the es_admin yet.
I will try later today again. Do I need to run something when the player joins the game ?

Why when i drop the gta5_gamemode, and i execute a new time the sql, i’ve “3 warnings”? That normal?

A new gta5 is created, its ok, its just question :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait so if I install this EssentialMode, create the database, put files in my ressources folder and run it, the money isn’t saved by default ?

:sweat_smile: Ok it wasn’t really clear to me what this actually did…
Thanks, I will play with this later then. Thanks for the info.

WHYYYYYYYYY >.<

I did it, i dropped it -> refresh -> i started it again -> refresh, i start my server, doesn’t work… :@

Initializing session…

How? xD… i’m really bad x)

click on the folder your server is in. click on cache. click on http files. delete all files inside the http folder.

1 Like

Blocked to initializing session… :’(

in the map your running change fivem = true to the name of the gamemode. example_gamemode = true. it will be in the __resource.lua file of the map your running. make sure you have essentialmode above es_admin (if your using it) and the name of the gamemode in the autostart resources. So make sure to add example_gamemode to the auto start resources too.

1 Like

In my fivem-map-skater folder, the __resource.lua, i change the ( fivem = true ) to ( essentialmode = true )

That’s correct?

i use the name of the gamemode. just copy and paste example_gamemode in place of fivem and make sure you add the gamemode name to the autostart resources along with the map name. (the map name should of been there by default)

1 Like

I follow this and it work! <3

excellent!:smiley: just dont forget to clear the cache anytime you make changes or if the server is feeling laggy.

1 Like

Thank you very much. :heart:

i just have 2 questions and its ok. :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant use /cop commands? Where i can know all available commands?

And how to setup permission? :3

permissions are setup with es_admin. there are no commands that come with this but /info. all other commands must be added via resources or scripting it yourself. if your using es_admin 1=kick perms and 4=ban perms. so after you join the server you should be in the db. set your perm level to 4. This will allow you to use the es_admin commands, such as kick, ban and others. there are no ingame features with this, its a blank slate to build a gamemode upon.

2 Likes

You are a boss, i love you.:heart: