[Release] EssentialMode base

look at your connection
set mysql_connection_string “server=127.0.0.01;database=essential;userid=root;password=”

127.0.0.01 is not going to work change it to 127.0.0.1

try this and fill in your password.

set mysql_connection_string “server=127.0.0.1;database=essentialmode;userid=root;password=password”

1 Like

I think his server is working, it’s mine that isn’t and we can’t figure out why…

Don’t discuss MySQL related issues here as MySQL isn’t officially supported in ANY way.

Well couchDB doesn’t work either. Either database fails to write.

1 Like

I’ve set it up on over 10 servers, with external CouchDB servers and on the same machine hosted ones. If I didn’t get sick of telling people how I probably would help.

I’ve followed all your instructions, look at everything but there are no errors, no logs no nothing. We didn’t set up couchDB as the host we use did it for us, it passes all the tests it just won’t write. I can’t fix it if it doesn’t provide errors. The only errors it throws if when we trigger an event and it tries to read from the database. It is just a plain error basically saying it can’t retrieve data from the database which is probably because no data is written to said database.

I tried follow your tutorials, video tutorials and any suggestions and it has yet to work, 4 days later and probably 25 to 50 reinstalls later.

1 Like

@ToxicFrank
I fixed my issue by completely dropping the essentialmode schema from MySQL and using a fresh install of the mysql_plugin .sql file.

I had users saved with the identifier 4.6.1 essentialmode used. The new identifier was saving in the same users column and causing issues while reading/writing info in sql for people who had 2 entries.

I never had 4.6.1 and everytime I reinstall the server I have to reinstall SQL and rebuild all the tables/databases anyways, same thing for couch, when I reinstall I have to reinstall couch and at least with couchDB it creates a database but it won’t write any “documents” to said database.

idk man sorry wish i could help

Hey, thanks for trying.

np its super frustrating when you can’t get help i understand hope you figure it out

Hope so too, we are even trying to find additional developers to help. We have exhausted 4 or 5 days exploring all options. With class and work I don’t have time to write something from scratch.

Sorry for the late reply, have you tried running a local 4.6.3 server with the MySQL addon?

Alternatively, have you checked that your host has allowed INSERT queries for your MySQL user which can access the database? If its something they manually setup they might have missed doing that. It’s most likely not the underlying issue but it never hurts to test everything.

But I do suggest running a local server and attempting a connection with the latest version.

We have tried setting up local servers on our own machines (with SQL and couchDB) and on one of our Linux boxes we use to host game servers for various other games. All were being pretty weird and didn’t end up running.

As far as our host goes, the SQL account and couchDB account provided have full access, we can run other mods and have them write just not essential’s which is a base for a lot of mods we are working on getting. We also tried running it from their host and to our SQL node which we use for all our websites and other game servers. It seems to be just weird. We just aren’t sure why anything isn’t writting. We are working on trying to write in error messages to the essentialMode plugin so we can see what is causing the problem/

I don’t know if your host would be willing to do so, but locally if you enable the general log in MySQL you should be able to watch the log file and see all of the queries that are run, it might give you a bit more insight. I do just that while developing for FiveM so if I ever want to see what I might be missing in a query its right there for me.

More on the general log: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/query-log.html

I can test it first on our development server. Then I can try it with our host. I will let you know.

I got it working with the help of a user @Vespura and his CFG. Idk what the problem is but it worked.

2 Likes

@ToxicFrank, please post the config you used. I have the exact same issue you were having, and posting the solution would be valuable for others who were following the thread.

Hello I think I got the script working and I was able to set myself as an admin but I cannot get the menu to pop up. I keep hitting home and it will not come up… Please help, thank you! :slight_smile:

dose someone have teamvewier to help me install pls