[Release] EssentialMode base

Simply put, does this plugin work on linux? We have yet to get it to work with the same error so many have but I can’t find anywhere a fix.

We are running windows but still nothing is working. Really not quite sure why but it’s the same error a lot of people are having.

Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes

when I using the command,it shows this error

[ 192677] Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:99: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘?’)
[ 192693] stack traceback:
[ 192708] server/main.lua:99: in upvalue ‘handler’
[ 192708] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:124: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123
[ 192708] stack traceback:
[ 192724] [C]: in function ‘error’
[ 192739] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
[ 192739] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:92

How can I fix this?

i get the same thing i have no clue i need help too:D

Edit: I’m thinkin its just something with the es_mysql plugin I’m gonna try a 3rd time to reinstall.

I’m having some issues with 4.6.3
Is there a new .sql file I should be using or did is there something new I need to plug my sql info into? I seem to have some issues trying to use the new es_admin. I can set permissions and groups via rcon but typing /admin results in an error and my es_rp and es_banking wont work let me pick a job or use my money.

Everything loads up fine until a client joins the server, then I get a liscense error with my steam_id, seems like it has to do with mysql not recognizing me or saving info.

Never had any issues with essentialmode or any new updates so this is a new one for me.
Newest fxserver, reinstalled es_msysql, and still got the errors.
I can post a screenshot of the exact error when I get home.

See I can’t get the mySQL version to work but I also can’t get the couchDB version to work. The couchDB version will create the essentialmode table but won’t create any documents inside it. The SQL version just doesn’t write to the database.

for me i can do /admin but like /noclip etc doesnt work

At least you get it working. So far nothing I’ve done has got it working.

you using the sql plugin?

Tried both. Are you using the sql plugin?

yep and what i had to do was put the set es_enableCustomData 1 in server cfg before start essentialmode that made it work for me

like this
set es_enableCustomData 1

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start mysql-async
start essentialmode
start esplugin_mysql
start es_admin2

I will try that again when I get home, I do need to check that my host allows data out of their server. We are hosting the SQL server on a different node we own as the sql server they provided doesn’t have support for creating databases, only tables. I will see if they can let us communicate out if they aren’t right now or if they can grant us permission to make tables. But we have tried everything. Did you add the server_script ‘@mysql-async/lib/MySQL.lua’ to anything or not. I know it’s included in the es_mysql plugin already.

Lastly, did you edit the config.lua or just write into the server.cfg the user, pass, ip and port? I’ve tried both of those but you have it working so whatever you’re doing is working.

EDIT: that last part only pertains to couchDB. But did you set the mySQL-async info above or below the start’s?

i followed the instructions upto that cfg part just changed where its located so i setup aysnc made sure that worked then put in the sql plugin essential mode and esadmin

my servercfg

# you probably don't want to change these!
# only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces
endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

set es_enableCustomData 1

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start mysql-async
start essentialmode
start esplugin_mysql
start es_admin2

sv_scriptHookAllowed 0

# change this
rcon_password NOPE

sv_hostname "Name"

# nested configs!
#exec server_internal.cfg

# loading a server icon (96x96 PNG file)
load_server_icon hello.png

# convars for use from script
set mysql_connection_string "server=127.0.0.01;database=essential;userid=root;password="

# disable announcing? clear out the master by uncommenting this
#sv_master1 ""

# want to only allow players authenticated with a third-party provider like Steam?
#sv_authMaxVariance 1
#sv_authMinTrust 5

# add system admins
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.steam:110000112345678 group.admin # add the admin to the group

# hide player endpoints in external log output
#sv_endpointprivacy true

# server slots limit (default to 24)
sv_maxclients 30

Let me see if that works for me. Thanks. 1 sec.

Yep np let me know :smiley:

Still no good. Working with our host right now to see if they can set some stuff up. At this point it may be easier for us to just rent another box and set up FiveM on that and just not have a host since it is just so long to go through support for them to change something. Since I last talked to you here’s what we’ve done:

1. Move convar to proper section in CFG
  2. Tried running it through local SQL server
  3. Tried running it through our own SQL server

We really can’t figure out what is causing it to break. The core problem is that it won’t write to our databases. It produces errors because the plugin tries to read from the database and there is nothing there. We just aren’t sure why it won’t write data. We’ve tried couch, SQL, local and dedicated servers, nothing.

Try moving your “set mysql_connection_string” above all of the start entries, and if you’re using Linux add “sslmode=none;” to your config like so…

set mysql_connection_string “server=127.0.0.1;sslmode=none;database=xxxxx”

I have tried that bet le me try that again.

Also, are you all running 4.6.3? There was a server we tested yesterday that is running on our host but they are running 4.6.1. We cannot get 4.6.3 running, let me give it a go though.

Just tried, still not writing to the database. I am not going to give up though as we can get VRP working but we don’t quite like the look and feel of VRP. It’s just frustrating. I have so many people working on this on my end and it just will not work.

Yes I use 4.6.3, oh I should also note I use the very latest commit of mysql-async from GitHub. I don’t use the version on the release page.

So you just downloaded the latest zip or cloned it but did not download the release?

Also did you have to add the server_script '@mysql-async/lib/MySQL.lua' line anywhere?

I just want to make sure I download the right one. You’re not using any of their releases? They just made a new release, 2.0.0 2 days ago.

I want to make sure I download what’ you are using so I have best chance.