[Release] EssentialMode base

es rp and the banking that comes with it isn’t designed to use nui but to use the native money UI that is new to es4

Edit: uhmm might have though this was a different topic. Anyway, no idea. Contact me on discord if you can’t figure it out.

on 3.2.3 i got to the ammunation to buy a gun and it doesnt take my money or give me a gun. any clues on whats up?

There is no ammunition?

I downloaded the latest version of Essential Mode 3.2.3 for my citmp server, and installed CouchDB 2.0.0 correctly and when I start the server the resources starts essentialmode and es_admin, but on my CouchDB it doesn’t create a new database for essential mode, also when I loaded in game and type /admin, literally nothing happens, but when I don’t load essential mode and es_admin and type /admin in chat it says my name and “/admin”. When I try to add myself to an admin group from the console while I’m in game it says “User could not be found!” and when I try again with another player ID not ingame it says “Player not ingame”. Can someone please help me fix this if there is any way to fix it because I have been stuck unable to get past this part of the setup for a while.

Update 4.1.3

Only for FXServer

Added

Globals
user.setGlobal(global, defaultValue)

Example(1)

user.setGlobal('job', 'citizen')
Which will create 2 functions on the user
user.setJob(job) and user.getJob()

Example(2)

user.setGlobal('inventory', {})
Which will create 2 functions on the user
user.setInventory(job) and user.getInventory()

Allowing for complex user manipulation, you only have to set the global once after that just use the setter and getter

Proper support for native money

Which adds 2 new functions, call these when the player has been loaded.
user.displayMoney(amount) and user.displayBank(amount)
Money will not dissapear anymore, they will both stay active for ever.

Starting bank

New default setting called: “startingBank”, which defaults to zero.

Example on how to set

TriggerEvent("es:setDefaultSettings", {
   startingBank = 100
})

Fixes

Fixed starting cash

Starting cash will work now

That’s all for now

1 Like

Hotfix

Fixed some math functions related to user cash/bank

Guys i use a server host how can i set this up as everytime i boot the server it doesnt add itself to the database sorry quite new to this

if you are using a server host please request them to set up a couch 2.0 server for you along with a citmap server for your fivem mod. i prefer to use low.ms as my server hoster since they respond back pretty quick

Im using ■■■■■■■ servers as i have for other games currently you can access Phpmyadmin for free could i not use that ?

this current one uses couchdb and does not use mysql. mysql is phpmyadmin. u need couchdb unless ur going back and using the older no longer supported version of essentials sadly

Hey guys.

Got a few friends starting to make a new server. Got the base line where we can actually see the server and join in. My question is, if we are wanting to use essential mode, how do we go about setting up the settings so we can admin ourself? Kinda a newb at this server stuff. I know i’ve seen a lot of tuts and videos about setting up essential mode with couchdb, but they were usually done on a local computer, so the 127.0.0.1 ip and listening port wouldnt be that when your hosted on a rented server, or would it? Thanks in advance

If you have es_admin you can use rcon to set someone’s group.

Ex.

setgroup id superadmin

I added the latest essentialmode,banking and your es_rp resource i can join the server and see all the new markers etc however the essentialmode databse isnt being added to couchDB. Do i have to do anything else as all the information in config.lua is setup correctly?

Thanks for the release

Scrap the above i was using the wrong download

I will try that, although im not sure if i got es admin working right.

ETA-tried that, Rcon said unknown command =(

ETA again, using rcon with setadmin [id] [level] it keeps telling me user could not be found

What did you enter as the id as that can be found in the default scoreboard or the rcon command status

I entered what the player scoreboard id said, which at the time was 1.

i have a third party that host my server as well. they are updating at the end of the week to couchdb maybe you should look into switching i only pay $80 a year for my server. i highly recommend them. i message them and in the hour i get a response when i need support. http://gamehosting.co/

Yes but then all your scripts still need to be converted over, they’re converting them for you? @dracuslayer

to be honest idk what you mean convert my plugins the only plugin that i had that needed essentialmode and now i am not able to use untill my upgrade is loadouts now if you are refering to converting your mysql database to couchdb then this may be useful [How-to] Migrate data from MySQL to CouchDB … i am not 100% i am just trying to help where i can.