[Release] EssentialMode base

So i’m using fivem-map-skater and when i change resource_type ‘map’ { gameTypes = { fivem = true } } to EssentialMode i can’t connect to the server, i can only get on when set to fivem

also when i start the run.bat file i get this at the bottom
https://gyazo.com/e66d70dd09fa2272b935e5259e8767f2

is this something to be concerned about?

I understand the fact you don’t want other people to share your older version but it would be nice if you still have it somewhere, kind of a archive thing without any support. May be somewhere in your wiki.

I mean we should to be free(as in freedom) to use a older version without any support at all.
You could even don’t talk about, so by exemple of the wiki, you can have it somewhere deep or tiny so it’s difficult for lambda people to find it but for the people that would really find it could and once to the special page you just need to do a disclaimer that there are not any support etc.

I hope you understand my not perfect English, no need to answer me, just think about it.

No I don’t have to. It’s owned by me, I can do whatever I want with it. But that’s not the reason that it is not allowed to be redistributed

able to shed any light on my comment above?

how can i find essentialmode 2.x lastest version ? (w/sql file)

Nowhere.

I never said you have to I said that you could…
I know you can do whatever you want with it.
If you don’t want to make everyone happy it’s your choice.
I was just proposing a idea, nothing else.

I don’t know the reason and don’t need to know.

I hope you understand that what I say is just a idea and that I don’t want to make you mad or angry.

Essentials mode now runs against NOSQL data base “Apache CouchDB” so there is no SQL support.

if i download the ver. 3.X, could i use other(older) scripts ?

Ok guys… I hope one of you can help me with this but here it goes.
I cannot connect to http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/ when i run Fauxton. I have the windows firewall disabled on my system. OS = Windows Server 2012R2. Even though the firewall is off I’ve configured the listen port for 5984. when i run Fauxton i receive a message that i’m unable to connect to localhost:5984/_utils/ which absolutely blows my mind. In CMD i ran "netstat -a -t -n but couchdb is not bound to anything. I see 5985 and 5986 are.

I could really use some assistance in what the hell is going on and why the port isn’t even being used.

So 1.6 CouchDB works just fine on Server 2012 R2
2.0 does not work at all. But, you have to have 2.0 to use ES

And be warned, I’m finding the IRC for their support to be useless. Don’t waste your time asking them for help.

Look that [Release] EssentialMode base comment

Doesn’t work for me and Windows server 2012 R2 is based off Windows 8.1 architecture.

You know even if i got this shit to work, there’s no guide or how-to on how to add resources etc. I keep seeing post f*ing on about converting resources and i don’t know what that is. I find resources in forums, then i put them in to their respective folders on my server and append them in the citmp.yml. Maybe this shit is all above my head anyways…

I know @Kanersps is going to spray aids in my face for asking this but yolo. Is anyone still using the SQL version of ES and if so what’s the best tutorial still out there to setup? I have reached out to Microsoft tech support and paid way too much $$ for their support to ensure my server was not the issue. Then i chatted in the IRC for CouchDB support (or lack there of) and here I sit, angry enough to strangle a unicorn and then randomly kill the nearest bystanders with its horn. So it would seem the older SQL release would be my only option at this point. Thanks in advance.

-P

Same here, am frustrated as you are. The only reason people want the old essential because there’s A TON of people having problems connecting to CouchDB or barely any scripts supported for CouchDB. Now if @Kanersps or ANYBODY else actually fixed these issues or know about them please share ahead with the most popular error with the site cannot be reached BS then please share ahead and don’t give be that BS ALSO if anybody says go to CouchDB support ITS GARBAGE AND THERE IRC NO ONE RESPONDS so wtf?

Are you rubbing it as a service or in a command line? I agree their support is the worst. If couchdb would wouldn’t be such a pain in the ass I think people wouldn’t be so against the switch from mysql.

I had to open a command line as administrator and run couchdb that way, the service just doesn’t work. After being annoyed at the stupid command window having to be open all the time I decided to run it on Ubuntu, but they don’t even have good support for Linux. There is no initscript supplied, so in Linux you’re on your own figuring out how to autostart it after reboot. Such a big F-ing pain in the ass, worst open source project I’ve ever had to touch.

Kanersps works hard on developing this for us and I don’t want to seem ungrateful because we all appreciate the free resources he’s provided. In an attempt to fix a very big issue it would seem we’ve run into more. I have to agree with him though, running large queries against a SQL DB is not very efficient for the way the game is setup and a NOSQL has a lot of potential… It’s like buying a sweetass super car but then you can’t even get the dam engine to start.

I am currently using a server-hosting service. They said they don’t offer mod support so I came here just to ask that even though CS uses mySQL, is there any way to use CouchDB with a hosted server?

not if it’s Windows Server 2012 R2.