[Release] EssentialMode base

‘kane’s too dumb to implement MySQL Connector/NET in an asynchronous fashion, one guy he knows used couchdb once for storing leaderboards, so kane thinks it’s the best thing ever’

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IS RECOLT???

recolt = harvest (French Baguette Bullshit…)

Another post deleted ?
Damn Konarsps strikes again :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

K RAGEQUIT

3 Likes

Wow a comment in full caps :scream:

there is a release called :

So that is where the name come from. I didn’t invent that :stuck_out_tongue:
But good luck to make scripts like that with NOSQL database.

I would still be thankful to the first person who can answer me on why using this type of database…

Its sad @Kanersps

Put yourself in our place, no one knows how to make it work like that … But everybody is grateful for the work you do. Thanks to you.

1 Like

I know you didn’t made up the “Récolte” thing.
Mais merde faites gaffe avec l’anglé XD

I don’t have these timeouts on my gig fiber connection and 24 core server box. Not everyone host on a old pentium 4. Other than randomly when fivem don’t wanna load a car or anything and that’s usually ends in a crash. But I don’t think I am going to move to this because it’s still unfinished and MySQL is still all in the files. Why would we use 2 databases for 1 script. SAMP never had issues using MySQL…

Thankful for your work tho, just not sure I’m on board with this couchdb… seems like the wrong direction

(Look at the mmorpg Guild Wars… that also used mysql as database… So If it works for them, I am pretty sure it will manage the 20 players on a gta 5 server.)

Yeah seeing how samp can handle 200+ connections at once with money and everything this isn’t even utilizing it hardly. It may be a limit in the actual server itself not the MySQL

Removal has nothing to do with the update or anyone in the community.

The problem is that people make queries into DB when they shouldn’t and then say that MySQL isn’t good. Did you lost your mind? For God’s sake, store info in variables and update DB when needed/with timer/on player quit. Problem solved. Easy, but not easy to understand for them.

That’s why you’ve got some almost-database like CouchDB based on JSON files and JavaScript. What a joke.
I am staying with MySQL.

Noone gives two shits

Well, looks like it. Yes, you did an amazing job. maybe CouchDB shows amazing results.
But what are they? Why it’s better to transition from MySQL? What about all numerous addons that are based on EssentialMode?

You didn’t prepare us for this, didn’t give explanation. That’s why people are panicing and you do not recieve gratitude that you’ve expected. I hope you’ll realize it and return to your great job you’ve already done.

2 Likes

Hey,
Don’t be so hard on yourself. I was just wondering why you did this. If it is a good reason for me, I will use it. It is not like I don’t know how to work with couchDB. Just odd choice to make and want some information about that.
Just explain a little or argument your point of view.

why the hell does it matter now anyway, I’ve removed it all.

1 Like

Well this sucks… Anyone know of an alternative that we can use?

I still have the files. I can share them if you want.

That would be awesome… You have the old one with the MySQL? As all the scripts on my server are using that still…