[Release] EssentialMode base

Can anyone help me as to why when I press the Home button for es-admin that my screen freezes and i cant do anything?

Thanks

where is the changelog for 5.1.0 ???

are you okey?

where do you put the code for the settings?

Hey I am reinstalling es_admin2 and essentialmode due to an error with the last one and I type in things like /announce, /admin and so on and get this error

stack traceback:
        server.lua:362: in upvalue 'ref'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322>
Error running call reference function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method 'underflow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field 'any'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field 'unpack'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:563: in upvalue 'callback'
        server/main.lua:186: in upvalue 'ref'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335>
stack traceback:
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322>```

Hi there,

Iā€™m creating something that checks to see if a player has a role that you assign with the RCON ā€œsetgroup id roleā€ command. Iā€™m checking if they have that role and if they do, they can do something else.

None of the below work:

AddEventHandler('chatMessage', function(source, name, msg)
TriggerEvent('es:addGroup', 'owner', 'superadmin') -- add the group so we can assign players to it later on
            if group == 'owner' then
                TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', source, "^1System: " .. "^2You have been assigned the ^3" .. Group .. " ^2chat role." ) -- confirm that we done it or we can just do a print("done")
            end
            end)

AddEventHandler('chatMessage', function(Source, Name, Msg)
        local player = GetPlayerIdentifiers(Source)[1]
            if group == 'owner' then
                TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', -1, "Owner | " .. Name, { 255, 0, 0 }, Msg)           -- assign it to the player so we can have them be ale to use it.

else
            TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', -1, "Civilian | " .. Name, { 235, 214, 51 }, Msg)
        end

end)

RegisterCommand('checkGroups', function(source)
	TriggerEvent("es:getAllGroups", function(groups) 
		print(groups)
	end)
end)

I tried replacing if group == 'owner' then with if Group == 'owner' then, but neither of them work.

group isnā€™t being defined.

How Can i Use es:addgroup command for job /shield can just use policeā€™s

1 Like

Newest version is brokeeeeeeee

Is there an archives for older essentials mode?

@zee Do I have to do the following:

local group = TriggerEvent("es:getAllGroups", function(groups) end)
?

getting this error stack traceback: server.lua:362: in upvalue 'ref' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336> [C]: in function 'xpcall' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335> stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322> Error running call reference function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error' citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method 'underflow' citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field 'any' citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field 'unpack' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:563: in upvalue 'callback' server/main.lua:186: in upvalue 'ref' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:337: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336> [C]: in function 'xpcall' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:336: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:335> stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:351: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:322>

I just want to make my own eco system and I do not know if I should use essential mode as a framework.

change your connection string to be localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

1 Like

Try both and see what you prefer!

Iā€™m still actively updating this to make sure it stays working and has new and exciting features

can you tell me whats wrong here? y when I press the Home button for es-admin my screen freezes and i cant do anything? I can move the mouse around but thatā€™s it. I have disabled all other resources.

Thanks

hi kanersps how log is the updating

New beta live!

To check out the beta download source directly from https://github.com/kanersps/essentialmode

It features:

• More ā€œifā€ checks
  • Shiny new updater
  • All settings are now convars aswell!

what about dirtymoney :slight_smile: ?

Thatā€™s related to ESX, no?

Update 5.2.0

• Shiny new updater
  • Dev tools disabled by default
  • More if checks
  • Additional convars

Download: https://github.com/kanersps/essentialmode/releases/tag/5.2.0