[Release] EssentialMode base

Ok I got a should be simple problem, everything works fine commands , admin etc but when I press “home” esadmin opens and a white cursor appears however when I exit the white cursor is still there and I’m frozen I ave to crash game out with task manager… my thoughts is it’s another script bind to the home key an I guess the only way to find it is to disable all addon resources?

Invalid ref call attempt for any command people use. They can do one command but then it doesn’t work anymore until i restart. Any ideas?

Did you able to fix it ?

If so how did you, please I can’t write any command in chat like /admin, /bring etc…

Reinstall server and add couple addons at the time as one of them couls be messing up the es.admin

Nope. Didin’t work. Here’s the error and server.cfg. Tell me if you find something wrong. I just have es_admin2 and essentialmode in my resources folder.

Server.CFG

# You probably don't want to change these!
# Only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces.
endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

# These resources will start by default.

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start playernames
start essentialmode
start es_admin2

# This allows players to use scripthook based plugins such as lambda menu.
# Set this to 0 to disallow scripthook.
sv_scriptHookAllowed 0

# Uncomment this to enable RCON. Make sure to change the password.
#rcon_password changeme

# A comma-separated list of tags for your server.
# For example:
# - sets tags "drifting, cars, racing"
# Or:
# - sets tags "roleplay, military, tanks"
sets tags "default"

# Set an optional server info and connecting banner image url.
# Size doesn't matter, any banner sized image will be fine.
#sets banner_detail "http://url.to/image.png"
#sets banner_connecting "http://url.to/image.png"

# Set your server's hostname
sv_hostname "RepublicM"

# Nested configs!
#exec server_internal.cfg

# Loading a server icon (96x96 PNG file)
#load_server_icon myLogo.png

# convars which can be used in scripts
set temp_convar "hey world!"

# Uncomment this line if you do not want your server to be listed in the server browser.
#sv_master1 ""

# Want to only allow players authenticated with a third-party provider like Steam?
# Don't forget Social Club is a third party provider too!
#sv_authMaxVariance 1
#sv_authMinTrust 5

# Add system admins
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.steam:110000112345678 group.admin # add the admin to the group

# Hide player endpoints in external log output.
sv_endpointprivacy true

# Server player slot limit (must be between 1 and 32)
sv_maxclients 32

# License key for your server (https://keymaster.fivem.net)
sv_licenseKey 1c570hpko2d5m1umh02fpt9hcymgqyxz

The Error I got When I type /admin

Error running call reference function for resource es_admin2: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: server.lua:362: attempt to index a nil value (local 'user')
stack traceback:
        server.lua:362: in upvalue 'ref'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:389: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:387>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:372>
Error running call reference function for resource essentcfx> ialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method 'underflow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field 'any'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field 'unpack'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:626: in upvalue 'callback'
        server/main.lua:186: in upvalue 'ref'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:389: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:387>
stack traceback:
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:372>

Are you self hosting or using zap hosting?

Home hosting. Yes it is self.

Try redownloading the server files and download latest essiamtels. I am using zap hosting and it fixed it when y reinstalled server fully as shen i tries reinstalling resouces it had same issue soni wiped server fully. Make a backup and download the server files:)

Will do. I write the result.

Ok dont forget a backup

Still the same. Yesterday I did full reinstall for fiveM for this error and it keeps happening. Guess I will figure this out alone :confused:

Good luck.:slight_smile:

thanks!

1 Like

Make sure to turn off force overwrite in zap panel if your uploading your files !!!

This error still insists and I am very short on patience. I have been working on this for 2 days still haven’t fix it yet. Please for the love of my patiance help me :smiley: ( This happens when I type any essentialmode command in chat or CMD )

Solved The Error by formating my pc.

Was having seaziure trying to solve the problem :confused:

getting these all the time

whenever i open the admin panel and close it i cant do anything in game and i have to rejoin. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it

@Kanersps Rather confusing version information presented throughout the mod. The website at https://essentialmode.com/ still shows 5.0.3. Also within the __resources.lua file it might pay to put a version number in it. When you go to the github website, there is no version information. It might be a good idea to create a release at that site too.

Thanks.

anyone else getting this error?

Started resource essentialmode
Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:610: Cannot index a funcref
stack traceback:
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:610: in metamethod '__index'
	server/main.lua:178: in function 'addCommand'
	server/main.lua:196: in upvalue 'handler'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218>
stack traceback:
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182>
Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:610: Cannot index a funcref
stack traceback:
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218>
stack traceback:
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback: