[Release] EssentialMode base

NOT NEEDED ANYMORE

Edited by Kanersps

4 Likes

Update 18-1-2017

• Performance improvement regarding having tons of commands(1000s), this will work fine now.
  • New event: TriggerEvent('es:getAllPlayers', function(players) end) gives all the players even the offline ones.
  • Misc stability improvements
7 Likes

how do you setup the mySQL bullshit to get this running cause when i start server it is throwing a whole bunch of errors at me with something about login.lua

2 Likes

5 Likes

Final note: Again, support is limited. If you cannot setup the mysql with this do not ask help from me or on this topic, you probaly shouldn’t use this anyhow if you can’t set that up. And if you want to make plugins make sure to load them after EssentialMode

1 Like

i basically want essentialmode for the admin commands so i can ban or kick trolls and rude kids from my roleplay server. PS, no need to be a dick about helping me or not

10 Likes

The dll was probably blocked, a simple Google could tell you that.

2 Likes

So I don’t need to run a mysql server

2 Likes

You do? How else can you have a mysql dB lol

2 Likes

alright the start errors went away but this happens when i join and i get stuck at the GTa 5 logo / copyright screen after loadscreen

3 Likes

Literally not going to explain.my disclaimer states if you can’t even setup a dB you shouldn’t use this

4 Likes

For all the people that have trouble getting the server to load the gamemode even though mySQL is properly setup, please note that Windows servers will probably block the .dll file. Just right click on it and select “Remove blockage” and done. It will now load perfectly.

IF you’ve installed it correctly that is… ofcourse :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update

Fixed the download, added the sql file and the admin stuff.

3 Likes

hey kanersps should the admin resource work excluding the gamemode, i can type in setadmin in console and it returned usage setadmin userid level etc but when i put in my Id which is 1 nd permission level 4 it dont do anything

3 Likes

did you figure out how to fix this im getting the same error messages plus a message saying
game\gameserver.cs(687): warn: gameserver::handlereliablecommand: a client tried to send an event of type es:updatepoitions, but it was not greenlit for client invocatioin. you may need to call registerserverevent from your script. ? any idea please

1 Like

You really need to setup a database for this to work man.
How will it know who is and who isn’t an admin without storing that information?
The setadmin command, if its similar from freemode2, stores the permission level in the database, so that won’t work if there isn’t one setup.

I might make a video or something on setting one up just because so many people don’t know how but I’d suggest looking it up because it’s really easy to do once you download it.

3 Likes

ive set up a mysql up and its working but its saying no such host is known

1 Like

Did you change the code in login.lua?

MySQL:open("127.0.0.1", "gta5_gamemode_essential", "root", "1202")

You have to open login.lua and change these based upon your database (“IP”, “databasname”, “user”, “password”)
The database name and ip might be fine but “1202” needs to be the password connected to the root user

3 Likes

Several of our Clients requested we support this Framework as a one click install, this has been added to our hosting platform

2 Likes