[Release] [ES] AdvancedRP Server dump

Yes its true :smiley:

This is a great releaseā€¦ I got it running without any errors now. (Some code had to be changedā€¦)
People are just lazy and want everything to be plug & playā€¦
This release is use-able if you know how everything works.

2 Likes

Do you need to put in the .git folder?

well yeah people who know how to code can change it and fix it but us here get something isnt working for some of them if u wanna help tells us what u changed to fix it?

i have basic knowledge of mysql and some basic knowledge of LUA, from other games. I have edited some code here and there but still cant seem to fix all my errors. Saying ā€œI know how to fix it but wont tell anyoneā€ is exactly how communities die and is a huge reason why fivem died before. No one was willing to help each other thrive.

1 Like

Well Mr. Thinking highly of myself, please enlighten the community with the changes that you did, instead of calling people lazy.

As @Damply said, you are the type of persons that kills a community, because you simply are greedy and wont share.

So go ahead, share your changes.

Excuse me?! @hoegarden31 released the first weapon shop available on the forums. Saying he doesnā€™t share is disrespectful. This isnā€™t his release, he donā€™t have to share anything.

Unlike the other userā€™s being rude to him, i already know he has released a lot of stuff and i thank him for that as i use some of his code but again, saying i fixed things and calling others lazy also wanting plug and play is wrong. Plenty of users are willing to learn and edit code to get things working for their server. Most of us have fixed a lot of errors that we had with the code, not all of us are as advanced as others, thatā€™s why we ask for help. If someone isnā€™t going to help, why reply and insult all the other people? He does not need to be the one to help, no one needs to but insulting people for asking for help is a step backwards in progressing fivem.

OK, bottom line this is a server dump. Just because it worked on Kaneā€™s RP server doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to work on your server. You can ask for help, never demand it. Youā€™ll get the cold shoulder real quick.

ā€œYouā€™ll get the cold shoulder real quick.ā€ Which is a problem in a community, which survives on sharing.

1 Like

You are correct, people should not be demanding help. This is the development and modding forum so this is where people come to ask for a bit of help. I understand the quick ā€œcold shoulderā€ and his point he was trying to make but i really donā€™t want to see fivem slip back into the shadows as only a few servers thrive and no others are able to stand up to any of them, as has happened to other rp communities which sadly die off.

Then ask donā€™t demand. Pretty simple. Most ppl demanding know nothing of Lua, and wonā€™t take the time to learn. Help yourself first, then others will be more willing to help. How is he supposed to explain, if one doesnā€™t comprehend? Heā€™ll give the answer and still ppl will ask for help.

Sure, I see your point. But coming out like he did, stamping people as lazy, perhabs stupid for not trying to, is just plain out a mentally braindead thing to do.

How I read what he said, if you know Lua you can fix this. If you donā€™t know Lua and are demanding, you donā€™t want to learn. And therefore Iā€™d say rather lazy too. You get what you give, @hoegarden31 has given this community a lot with just one release. What have you given back to the community?

Itā€™s different how you read it, and that is why, some people might understand it as a negative thing. - But no > Demanding does not equal not wanting to learn, that is exactly where you go wrong in town.

Scripts-wise, Iā€™ve given nothing because I not nothing about LUA. Else, Iā€™ll just given them what is working + helping people do some other stuff.

Oh, I see so basically people who have busy lives and donā€™t have the time to learn this type of stuff are lazy now huh? Also, we helped the community by helping the coders test out this scripts because without them the scripts wouldnt be possible.

I have no problem at all with posting changes. But saying that it doesnā€™t work shows for me some lack of understanding what is wrong.

The carshop was not working on my serverā€¦ I changed :

AddEventHandler("es:playerLoaded", function(source, target)
	local executed_query = MySQL:executeQuery("SELECT * FROM vehicles WHERE owner = '@name'", {['@name'] = target.identifier})
	local result = MySQL:getResults(executed_query, {'owner', 'model', 'colour', 'scolour', 'plate', 'wheels', 'windows', 'platetype', 'exhausts', 'grills', 'spoiler'}, "identifier")

vehicle_data[source] = result

local send = {}
	for k,v in ipairs(vehicle_data[source])do
		send[v.model] = true
	end

TriggerClientEvent("es_carshop:sendOwnedVehicles", source, send)
end)

into

AddEventHandler('es:playerLoaded', function(source)
	TriggerEvent("es:getPlayerFromId", source, function(user)
		local executed_query = MySQL:executeQuery("SELECT * FROM vehicles WHERE owner = '@name'", {['@name'] = user.identifier})
		local result = MySQL:getResults(executed_query, {'owner', 'model', 'colour', 'scolour', 'plate', 'wheels', 'windows', 'platetype', 'exhausts', 'grills', 'spoiler'}, "identifier")

vehicle_data[source] = result

local send = {}
		for k,v in ipairs(vehicle_data[source])do
			send[v.model] = true
		end

TriggerClientEvent("es_carshop:sendOwnedVehicles", source, send)
	end)
end)

and now my cars are saved without problem.
So give some details to me and I can fix them for you if you want.

2 Likes

Glad you help others where and when you can. Hereā€™s where our opinions differ. One usually demands because they canā€™t do it themselves. I knew nothing of Lua months ago, I sat down and played with codes for hrs everyday for months. Iā€™m still not nowhere near his level, but without that first step one will never even try. I used to look at Lua and wish I was Neo so I could read it. But now I can, and itā€™s due to the time I invested not others giving me answers.

wait the car shop wasnā€™t working for you? thatā€™s strange it worked me, what doesnā€™t work for me the is weaponshop.

I see your point.

And thank you for releasing some of the changes you did. - How would one go about the /Checkplate not showing any messages at all, when trying to do /checkplate - No error in the Rcon-console either. > Code all stuck from the dump.

Is it because itā€™s missing something to recognize the command or?