[Release] Enhanced Siren Controls v1.2

This adds some more controls to vehicles with sirens (like the title says):

Tapping G once will mute/unmute your siren.
Holding G will constantly play a bleeping sound (the sound that plays when you quickly activate and deactivate your siren).
Tapping Left Shift will toggle the alternative siren sound.

(NOTE: This assumes you didn’t change the key for the “Throw Grenade” and “Sprint” actions. If you did, press the key you changed it to.)

Download:
v1.2
v1.1
v1.0

Sweet Sauce

Thanks to @ProtoFate for testing and @thers for some borrowed code.

20 Likes

Good Job thanks for all of your recent releases

Currently does not work on the following emergency vehicles:

• Transporter
  • Lifeguard
  • Park Ranger
  • Rancher (snow)

Working fine for all others. Also, I’m not sure if it is intended but there is bit of a delay between the time you press the button and when the siren actually toggles.

Currently does not work on the following emergency vehicles:

Transporter
Lifeguard
Park Ranger
Rancher (snow)

I can’t reproduce this. It worked fine with these vehicles when I tested it. Make sure you don’t have modified them.

Also, I’m not sure if it is intended but there is bit of a delay between the time you press the button and when the siren actually toggles.

There isn’t much I can do about this. I could make the siren toggle instantly when you press the button locally, but there will always be a delay for other players.

Added (hopefully) compatibility with all siren vehicles and also posted source code.

it sometimes breaks and siren mute breaks (all of it stops working)

V1.1 is working for all vehicles now. Great job!

Is there a way to change the button to left shift?

In your in-game key bindings, change your throw grenade key to whatever you want and that’s your siren key

well… if i do that i cant sprint

aw, can’t do nothing else unless you modify the script

You can modify the script to use Control.Sprint instead of Control.ThrowGrenade and then compile it yourself.

Added Left Shift for toggling alternative siren sound.

2 Likes

This turns out to be A on the controller for those who play with one. I hope you are able to add the features to leave the siren on while the player is out of the vehicle and a manual airhorn. Very very nice work. Thank you so much!

I love this script!
There’s only one problem that I have. On the controller, LDPad toggles the siren, but it also changes the radio. On my server, scripthook is disabled so trainers do not exist, in which means you cannot disable the radio GUI. I can’t rebind the radio key for some reason…

@CaesarNero Use the freemycontroller script from lspdfr.com… the standard.meta goes in client side and goes in citizen/common/data/ create a folder in data called control and put the meta in that

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try that when I have a chance.

Thank you!

Would be extremely nice if they were customizable hotkeys

1 Like

You can change the bindings within the client lua. Use this for reference homie https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Controls

thank you! Amazing work.