[Release]DUFX - Mechanic and Car Script

Ok, another thing LOL

I moved

SetVehicleFixed(vehid);

To just above

DisplayBottomLeft("~bh~"…FoxFix.GarageName…"~hs~: All fixed.");

So the repair doesn’t happen until the end. Simply because some people are dumb. They’ll see the car get fixed in the beginning and just take off. Suddenly the hood will pop open and fly off and they’ll complain.

1 Like

No that will brake the wait option, the repair also was put there for a reason so we don’t have to replace the hood in command to have it open, the repair was also up there as you can disable the dialog function full stop.

Also that is why the car is set to off and undrivable until the dialog is done, this way they can’t just drive off, I already already tested that part, and it was the best way of doing it without addming more function calls.

What I mean is if they brake there hood we would have to replace the hood in code first, what I don’t really want to do lol Moving it to the other side of the if statement of the dialogs would work but would create a few problems with the hood command, it was just away to get around things like that I guess it don’t really matter but I don’t like calling functions what do nothing to waste resources lol

My car never shut off. I was able to drive away as soon as the dialog started. :thinking:

That’s strange what other mods do you have installed with it, it turns off for me

I have done some changes anyway give me 10 mins to test and I will post 0.0.4.0

vmenu, but I don’t use the keep vehicle running option because it’s annoying and realistic vehicle failure

I have VMenu 1.1.2 I know there is now 1.1.3 but I sure that wont be the problem but I will send you the new version soon and you can test that, if there is any problems still I will update Vmenu see if we have a problem there.

I will also try it with that mod also soon as I release the update.

[Update] 0.0.0.4
Added Dialog Language Support
Changed the order around of the fix and dialog options (Chip_W_Gaming idea)
Added some more comments to help explain a few things in the files.

Download:
dufx-0-0-1-4.zip (6.0 KB)

[Bug]
RealisticVehicleFailure(Here) for some reason changes the way the car reacts the the hood been opened soon as it’s triggered the car starts back up again and moves off, this does not happen when RealisticVehicleFailure is disabled, I will work on a fix for this

Thanks for the bug report Chip_W_Gaming

1 Like

Now it’s fixing instantly. Other than garage name and price, I made no changes.

It’s not going through any dialog. Just says “all Fixed” and done.

and yes, I cleared my cache after putting in the new version and restarted the server.

I just tried it with realistic vehicle failure disabled and still does it.

Mine was showing the dialogs fine but I am trying to make a dirty fix for that mod lol so give me a moment, also just make sure Delay is set to true, it is in my version but maybe for some.

OR also OK you will need to refresh then restart dufx as there is a new file you can’t just restart it as there is now dialog.lua

I stopped my server, cleared the cache, then restarted server because of the new file. I also shut down my game rather than just disconnect.

Found the problem.

In the package you uploaded, you didn’t have the “Delay = true” in the config. I added it and all is working.

I can’t see anything wrong with the dialogs they are all working for me but when using Realistic Vehicle Failure it for some reason seems to over ride the unable to drive and engine off for some reason I not understanding this part.

Also I just downloaded it again, and that option was there, maybe it didn’t over ride it when you copied it over for some reason.

No, it’s my stupidity and I know better. Ever have one of those moments when you screw something up and just can’t figure it out?

Rather than manually typing in my config changes, I copied and pasted. I’m very sorry for any hair you may have pulled out trying to figure why I’m a moron.

No it’s fine we all have them moments and understanding this one with the engine is a good one to pull my hair out over lol you have been really helpful so far so keep it up :slight_smile: I don’t know why this is braking my mod I hope he’s not over ridden the global name space for these functions.

[Update] 0.0.0.5
This version as a very hacky way around Realistic Vehicle Failure the car will now turn off it’s lights, radio and the hand brake will be fully on until the repair is done, the user is able to keep reving the engine but they wont go anywhere fast.

Download:
dufx-0-0-1-5.zip (6.1 KB)

1 Like

I have used the wrong version numbers on the releases here so I am going to keep going from 0.0.1.* so the next in game version will match this and should be 0.0.1.6 so don’t wonder where versions between 0.0.0.5 to 0.0.1.6 have gone, lol they was never there :slight_smile: