[Release] DinoWeather | Dynamic Weather For ALL AREAS of the Map! | Smooth Transitions!

I probably did something wrong. I see snow, but as i can see in the config, the snow should only appear in December, any idea what i did wrong?

How well does this run? Frame drops, etc? We have vMenu installed which allows us to change the weather. How would it interact with this script?

Cool concept btw. Nj.

The transition natives are, but not the “SetWeatherOverTime” one. You can use that with 45.0 and it’ll change in the next 45 seconds pretty smoothly.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up regarding this.

I have gone ahead and pushed a commit adding this native.

Weather Transitions should be smooth no matter what now.

This resource is ONLY FOR WEATHER. Depending on how many users request time features to be added, I may add it.

I will be rolling out an update very soon that adds admin override commands so that administrators can set the weather for the region that they are in.

huuuhh…

nice resource you made you did some good work on this

I have a question tho how will this interfere with vSync?

1 Like

writing words to make the forums happy

1 Like

would this work with vsync?

Edit: Nevermind

Anyone else have the issue with some people time being day and others night?

I have resource warning any ides ? why

1 Like

Is the weather synced ?

How do i disable snow?

Honestly, this is FUCKING AWESOME, the roleplay that comes with this and corresponds with so many things and awesome opportunity’s, I think this would truly better the roleplay community/communities. I give this a 10/10!!!

Version 1.0.2 Released

I have added command support to allow administrators to set the weather in the current zone they are in. See the original post for details!

Very happy to see extended use of this resource, baffles me that its been 8 months and its still going strong with new users.

If you have any suggestions, please post them here.

3 Likes

Does this have to use specific “zones” that are part of base GTA, or is it possible to add new “custom” zones. Like if a small area within a larger area should always be foggy, is there a way it can be customized?

I have not added this functionality, however if you or someone you know would like to add it, go ahead and be my guest. It should be fairly easy given the layout of the code.

The resource uses natives in the game as you can see in the sh_config.lua there are several zones that make up the larger areas of the map. Get the zone you are in and make a new array with just the foggy weather option to accomplish this goal.

any solution?

This is really cool and I like it a lot! My only gripe is the hard cut weather changes. They’re rather jarring but if I read up correctly, I believe they weather over time natives are bugged? Any ETA on that being fixed or do we just have to wait?

1 Like

Call me stupid but… Where do I set user permissions to be able to use it?

1 Like

I am also wondering on how I set user permssions…