[Release] Custom server sided sounds

Looks good. I will be sure to test this on my server.

can you give us an update if its fixed though?

lol you beat me to it! my version i was about to release lol. cause i figured out how to add custom siren/gunsounds like i have a custom x26 taser sound! works great.

that’s impossible, these are downloaded at game launch

sirens won’t work as the file is literally called resident, they’re loaded once and then just kept in-memory, DLCs won’t be able to override it at all

1 Like

How did you get the sirens to work with dubnium’s latest response? Do you mind still releasing your version or assisting @GanjaMonster with his?

Truthfully, I wanna see a solid working version so I can learn how make this and add a ton of my own sounds for internal use.

Based on what dubnium said, the sirens wouldn’t work due to size and also due to it being a resident file.

Any fix on vehicle sounds?

it supports custom vehicle sounds if u set it up right yea look at the back to the future sound mod they show how to

If you cannot stream the resident.rpf file, would it be possible to create an RPF file with custom sirens / sounds, and then reroute police vehicle sounds to the new RPF instead?

vehicle sound working???

no, stn (20 chars needed)

can someone do it for vehicle (WASTE_GATE) etc? I tried to do them but client crashed :C

Sirens not working. How do i fix?

This is great for doing anything non resident.rpf related at the minute, went ahead and tried it with this mod because why the hell not.

Video – Link Broken

1 Like

i just had an idea what if it needs to be in a special loading order like essential mode and maybe resident would load ? idk if u tried it or not

1 Like

Worth a try, I’ll set it as the first resource because I have like 30 test scripts I made loading before it lol. I’ll give it a go later on and see

so serverside sirens doesn’t work?

not currently unfortunately

Sirenes work on my server :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you mind telling us your secret? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this work?

(20 char)