[Release] Custom Head Labels

Just in case anyone else was wondering, the native being called is also known as RemoveMpGamerTag()
https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/reference.html#_0x31698AA80E0223F8

No idea why they would remove that if someone felt like adding it, but there you go.
Personally, I just don’t start the resource that shows it, but different strokes for different folks.

did you find how to make it say Typing…

I may have typing working, gotta test it.

1 Like

how the fuck do you make everything you should be leader

Really? Awesome, I have kinda went off the progress and updating it. If you want to send me it after you’ve tested that’d be much appreciated.

1 Like

Why everybody using awful w2s function from gta? It sucks because text ‘lags’. SetDrawOrigin much better :s

2 Likes

Will do will send later today…

1 Like

fun thing is most people copy/pasted the draw-text function from a topic where 2 posts above, there was a proper method using SET_DRAW_ORIGIN.

1 Like

Could you add the typing one because I need that and my server is perfecto

1 Like

its in my dev server, just need 2 people too test it…

You could always trigger something using this from the chat resource

if not chatInputActive then
      if IsControlPressed(0, 245) --[[ INPUT_MP_TEXT_CHAT_ALL ]] then
        chatInputActive = true
        chatInputActivating = true

SendNUIMessage({
          type = 'ON_OPEN'
        })
      end
    end

if chatInputActivating then
      if not IsControlPressed(0, 245) then
        SetNuiFocus(true)

chatInputActivating = false
      end

then if that is open or true then drawText ‘~g~Typing…’

Hi. With this script using the lambda menu, are you still able to toggle on/off the player overhead names?

Did you get the typing working, I have done it.

No. The native I thought would work did not sadly

1 Like

Happy birthday fam :confetti_ball:

1 Like

I don’t do it through a native I do it through a variable. I’ll probs release it later as mine is a little different to this talking. It is above the head, and has the choice for multiple fonts.

I’m just currently trying to write something to stop npc vehicle spawning at sandy gas station, I’ve set it to a 15 metre radius, doesn’t seem to be working tho.

1 Like

how make this / with permission?

This has nothing to do with this resource, ask in the correct category. #development:scripts

Anyway of making users only see IDs, and make admins able to see ID and Name? Without ESX, as a Standalone?

I’m having issues with the default names still showing up and glitching out behind the label. I’ve turned everything off in my lambda menu and reinstalled everything and checked over it and it’s all installed properly.

It happens if the server’s been up for a while. It’s a server side issue so everyone can see it.

Note that we’ve deleted the playernames resource.

How do we fix it this issue? Love the script btw!

1 Like